RUDI RUDI RUDI - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RUDI RUDI RUDI

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:27 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:Corey who? It was just Houston but I dont see how Corey could possibly get his job back now.

That's what people said about Arlen Harris moving up to #2 on the depth chart after his 34 carry 90 yard 3 TD effort. The next week he got 9 yards, almost got his QB killed by not picking up the blitz, and is firmly in control of the #3 RB spot once Gordon is a go.

Rudi is a good fill-in when Dillon can't go, but if Cincy wants to trade him or get anything of value back, it's in their best interest to let Corey remain the starter if he is healthy.

I don't think Rudi has displaced him yet.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:48 am

dgroundhog wrote:I don't think Rudi has displaced him yet.

No I don't see any reason to think that the Bengals wouldn't rather play a back who has done nothing this year, demands to be traded, has a strained Labia, and can't even drive!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:01 am

Lots of these 'replacement backs' come in and have a good game. They make good plays based on their history for that reason alone. The D's don't generally know much about them, and usually do not game plan to stop them. They probably were more worried about Kitna Johnson and Warrick than Rudi Johnson. Some of these replacement backs do become solid plays the rest of the year, but not many take the job away from a proven starter. Dillon does have some external baggage to deal with currently which complicates his situation a bit, but I don't see it being enough to lose his job over.

He scored his TD's late, and got a huge amount of carries. How ofrten do you expect a Bengal RB to get 40 carries? Next week ( or soon after) when the Bengals are down big and have to abort the run, it isn't going to matter much who is running the ball.

Brandon Bennett has spelled Dillon effectively in past years. there is even Bengal history of Dillon's replacement performing decently. If Dillon can't play for a week or 2 and Rudi bnusts 150 and 2 TD's then there might be an issue. Right now, I don't think there is that much of an issue.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Super Freak » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:30 am

I hope dillon goes to dallas they have a good o-line and i need him to play I HATE RUDI
Moss IS the best WR in the game...
-Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
AKA Super Freak
The Super Freak Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby emaja » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:10 am

moochman wrote:No I don't see any reason to think that the Bengals wouldn't rather play a back who has done nothing this year, demands to be traded, has a strained Labia, and can't even drive!

Strained labia! I love it!

dgroundhog wrote:Lots of these 'replacement backs' come in and have a good game. They make good plays based on their history for that reason alone. The D's don't generally know much about them, and usually do not game plan to stop them. They probably were more worried about Kitna Johnson and Warrick than Rudi Johnson.

Call me silly, but how much freakin' game planning does it take to tackle the RB? Besides, Dillon has been out for a few games and Rudi has played well as his replacement. If Capers didn't game plan to stop Johnson, then he is an idiot.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Shewski » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:12 pm

How likely do y'all think it is that they trade Dillon away after this year. They did it with Takeo, why not their offensive leader? He's becoming a cancer to the team more than anything.
Shewski
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:56 pm

moochman wrote:...has a strained Labia...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aerozepplin » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:32 pm

dgroundhog wrote:Lots of these 'replacement backs' come in and have a good game. They make good plays based on their history for that reason alone. The D's don't generally know much about them, and usually do not game plan to stop them. They probably were more worried about Kitna Johnson and Warrick than Rudi Johnson. .

Uh... I think what you meant to say was they were worried about Kitna and Chad Johnson. You meant Chad Johnson right? He is not only the #1 wr on the bengals but is also a top 5 wr in the league. Whenever a team is playing the bengals, the first player they look to contain is Chad Johnson not Warrick... Hands down
War of the Nebraska Cornhuskers
aerozepplin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ssuciu » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:34 pm

I benched him this week, bad move on my part
ssuciu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DiRtY BuCs » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:55 pm

good job Rudi. U make my name look good.

20 Team League
Current Record: 8-2
Current Rank: 2nd

QB Chad Pennington (QB-NYJ)
QB Maddox, Tommy (QB-Pit)
WR Johnson, Chad (WR-Cin)
WR Travis Taylor (WR-Bal)
WR Peerless Price (WR-Atl)
RB Williams, Ricky (RB-Mia)
RB Priest Holmes (RB-KC)
TE Daniel Graham (TE-NE)
Bench Gus Frerotte (QB-Min)