Kitna is dead to me. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kitna is dead to me.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kitna is dead to me.

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:07 pm

Arghhhh, I started him over Trent Green this week :~( Between A. Green and J. Lewis i need about 8 TD's for the win ;-7

1 point every 30yrd pass, 6 TD, -3 fumble/pick, a 20 point difference between them.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Murray » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:14 pm

Not to rub it in, but what convinced you to play Kitna over Green?
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ronald » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:15 pm

I started Kitna over Tom Brady and Chad Pennington last week. I would have won had I started anyone but Kitna that week. I would still have a one game lead at first place instead of being tied. Argh...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:25 pm

Murray wrote:Not to rub it in, but what convinced you to play Kitna over Green?

Well before today, Cleveland's secondary really hadn't been that bad, I really thought they would get an early lead and just grind out the clock with P.Holmes all day. I figured Kitna might be due for a big day after letting down last week, didnt (as no one did) anticipate Rudi 182 yrds 2 TD's along with Jeremi Johnson FB getting a vulture TD, the matchup indicated Cincy though the air.

Go ahead and rub it in, I'm pleased with what Kitna's is doing with the team. He isnt the long term answer in Cincy but he is just fine for this and maybe next year helping build a solid team in Cincy. Hopefully Palmer will be the real deal. True Bengal fans know to be damn happy with 4 wins after 9 games regardless of how the QB affects your fantasy team.

Pretty much I out coached myself yet again...................
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:38 pm

Don't beat yourself up over that decision .Kitna was playing one of the worst pass defenses and Green was playing one of the best .
I think they really wanted to show that they can run the ball today to take pressure off of the passing game in the future .

That Chad Johnson non touchdown cost me a win . If he gets in the endzone that's 90 yards and two TDs as I have Kitna and Chad .
But they ruled him down at the 1 so : 89yds 0TDs
13 points I can't get back .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:43 pm

That Chad Johnson non touchdown cost me a win . If he gets in the endzone that's 90 yards and two TDs as I have Kitna and Chad .
But they ruled him down at the 1 so : 89yds 0TDs
13 points I can't get back .

That bummed me out also but I saw no reason to run up points on the board as time was running out, why did they go for the endzone instead of kicking a field goal, we were only up bye 7 with a few ticks on the clock. If we hadnt got the 1st down 1 hail mary could have burned us.

Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:55 pm

Yeah that call suprised me . Kick a field goal and it's game over .

What really sucked was that they originally called it a TD . I was happy as hell . Then they ripped my heart out and called it back .
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk