Ventin' 'bout the Vikes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Ventin' 'bout the Vikes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ventin' 'bout the Vikes.

Postby bwind22 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Okay, sure... we won today, but Childress, Frerotte and our Special Teams sure did everything in their power to blow it for us. Luckily AP and our Defense felt like showing up and making sure we got the W.

Childress is a frickin' idiot! Plain and simple. Bad challenges, time management & play calling all year.
Frerotte just sucks. 3 picks and a pathetic day all around. Time for our backup... Oh wait, he is our backup because Tarvaris sucks worse!
Bobby Wade. What the hell? I swear that dude lets 2-3 passes a game bounce off his hands or chest.
Special Teams. Half the time, I'm convinced that they are scared to try tackling the punt returners. Sure we pin them back inside the 20 early in the games, but almost never when it's critical in the 4th quarter.

Our O-Line, our defense and AP are the only guys I feel like are actually trying to win games. While I'm a die-hard fan and could never say I hope they lose, a part of me hopes they miss the playoffs so maybe we'll be able to get rid of Childress.

Thoughts? Any Vikings fans actually happy with Childress?
bwind22
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ventin' 'bout the Vikes.

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 pm

I would never hope my Skins lose. No matter who the coach is. EVER.

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bwind22 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:55 am

Don't get me wrong, as a fan I want us to win every week and I'd never root for the opponent or anything like that. There's just something inside that knows our best shot at getting rid of Childress is if we miss the playoffs, so if that happened I wouldn't be that distraught. Althuogh if we missed the playoffs and kept him, then I'd just be straight up pissed. ;-)
bwind22
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bob_smith7735 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 am

So, how'd you feel in the draft when they didn't go after a number one QB!!! Least you have the best RB in the league.
bob_smith7735
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Not a Vikes fan but I do agree about how terrible of a coach Childress is. It scares me to think of how good AD would be with a competent coach and QB. :-o
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bwind22 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm

bob_smith7735 wrote:So, how'd you feel in the draft when they didn't go after a number one QB!!! Least you have the best RB in the league.

Yeah, initally I thought that was a folley with Chester coming off a pretty good year the year before, but now that we've seen what AP can do, I can't fault picking him in Rd 1. He's a legit stud. It'd be nice if we could trade Chester for a solid QB now though. As for our WRs, I like Berrian and think he'd be good if we had a better QB and Rice seems to have potential, but again, it's hard to tell without a solid QB getting them the ball consistently. The only consistency in our pass game seems to be Wade letting 2-3 big passes per game bounce out of his hands. %-6
bwind22
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mtlenway » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:09 pm

I have been a die hard Vikings fans for 4 decades, The Vikings drafting of AP is amoung the two best draft pick they have ever made (Moss likely the best pick ever, have to give Credit to Denny for that. Robert Smith, Chuck Foreman, Fran Tarkenton, Page, Eller, Blair, Birk, McDaniel have been other draft picks that would garner consideration and great draft picks). I grinched whe the Vikes announce Childdick at the new head coach, I didnt like him in Philly and I sure as heck dont want him leading my Team. I am probably still pissed off we let Tony Dungy leave. I wasnt a big Denny Green fan but at least he could put together a offensive beast to be unmatch, Denny's problem was he aint to smart and could not manage a game or the clock aka. vs Atlanta was the final straw.

The Vikes have one of the strongest if not the best O line in the NFL, only if we had a coach who could call and offense, we would be seeing 200 yards every week from AP. Someone needs to let Childdick know that if you pull Peterson off the field the defense has a pretty good idea that there is about a 95% chance its a pass play. Hey, Childdick AP can catch a ball, I have seen him do it, and he aint that bad after he catches it. Playoffs or no playoffs Childdick has to go.

It does not bother me that we did not go after a QB earlier in the draft, yeck there were a lot of servicable free Agent QB's available this past off season i.e. Farve, Garcia, Trent Green, Pennington, Leftwich. Culpepper (anyone of which could manage an offense better than "Child"ress. Um, I wonder if any of them are any better than Travisty Jackson or Gus. Had the Vikings made a really move to get Farve we would be sitting at the top of the Division at 7-2 or better with our only loss likely to Tennesse.

Here is a off the cuff idea for an new Headcoach: Bill Cowher if willing and if not Scott Studwell, and either way we should hire of Norv Turn as Offensive Coordinator after he is fired by San Diego.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Portlis X » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Hey man, huge Vikings fan here.

I'm as sick of Chilly as the next guy, but we all know how terrible his conservative approach has been all year.

The real reason I felt the need to respond to this thread is because of Bobby Wade. I've been complaining about this guy ALL year long. He somehow manages to go under the radar with his terribleness, but I don't understand how this scrub still has a job. When your ONE AND ONLY job as a wide receiver is to catch the ball when it's thrown to you, and you can't even do that on a semi reliable basis, what's the point? I know teams get real excited about physical skills, but if you can't catch the ball you are uesless! And Wade isn't even that great of an athlete. Not even exaggerating, but I think I can catch the ball as reliably as Wade does.
Portlis X
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Try being a Lions fan...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I am hoping this is a win/win scenario. Either we make the playoffs, have the talent to make some noise, and come together as a squad. Or, we miss the playoffs and Childress gets the axe. If we miss the playoffs and Childress is still our coach, then we're just f***ed.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting