Call of Duty 5 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Call of Duty 5

Moderator: Football Moderators

Call of Duty 5

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 pm

well...as some of you guys might know im a big cod fanboy...so of course you know i got this game...

so far my impressions:
treyarch (for those of you who dont know, treyarch makes every other call of duty game -they made the third, while infinity ward made the 2nd and 4th) basically copied cod4 shamelessly. i would have hoped with them having a full 2 years to create this game they could have come up with something a little more original. it feels like im playing cod4 with a ww2 skin on it. that wouldnt be such a bad thing, except i played cod4 so much it would have been nice to have something different.

things that i dislike so far:
-the tanks are waaaaay overpowered. i played almost 4 hours of multi last night and used the bazooka as a perk in every class...and i couldnt take out a single tank the whole time...and i made it my goal. i then took on a buddy who was in a tank with another tank and i shot it with my cannon 4 times without destroying it. you also cant mount them and throw a grenade in them like cod3...so you are pretty much screwed unless every person on your team has bazookas and are gunning for them. i think these tanks are going to be a major problem as they make multi unbalanced.

-the knife seems to be broken. probably about half of the time i tried to stab someone when it should have been an easy kill ended up being a miss. it seems way less polished then cod4.

-airstrikes seem random, and unprecise. i was dropping them on a spot and it would land or a completely different part of the map. a couple of times ive even killed myself.

things i liked so far:

-the maps. most of them are pretty awesome outside of the one in the water with the little huts. that seems to be a hue campfest and its hard to see people in the dark. the other maps seem pretty cool and there are some fairly large ones whicgh is nice. also whats good about treyarch is they tend to put out a lot more downloadable maps than infinity ward, which pretty much suck for DLC.

- seems fairly accurate and tight as far as shooters go.

- tons of perks. dont really know what all of them do, but there seems to be a wide variety.

- i like the fact that you have to earn a high enough rank to play certain gametypes....especially hardcore. this will help keep people from starting out in HC and killing their teammates because they dont know what they are doing.

-nice graphics. game looks awesome.

-you can check out anyones stats that are in the lobby with you, whether they are a friend or not. kind of a cool feature ....esecially if there are trash talkers in the game and you can use the info to shut them up. :-b ;-)

-co-op single player campaign. something that has never been done on cod, but is an awesome addition to any game IMO.

-calling in the dogs when you get a 7 kill streak. its just fun listening to your dogs running around barking and attacking the other team. not so fun when a pack attacks you. i also like that they give you points for killing them, unlike cod4 with the helicopters where you dont get jack for shooting one down.

so..yeah...thats my impression so far. ill give some more imput once i play it more. going to log some serious hours on it in the next couple of days since im off work ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Call of Duty 5

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:14 pm

from the Gears 2 thread yesterday

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Treyarch is so lame, they should stay out of it and let Infinity ward do it. It's not a bad game, don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it literally looks like they tried to copy CoD4 Identically but to WWII, and did a lackluster job of it. Of course Dlux may think otherwise so you should probably wait for someone else's opinion. :-b

I haven't played enough of the multiplayer, only played one match and it was on the level you said you did not like. :-b I guess I'll have to try out the others tomorrow, tonight I'm chillin' on the couch watching Mythbusters and South Park, and no one can stop me. :-B ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:00 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:from the Gears 2 thread yesterday

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Treyarch is so lame, they should stay out of it and let Infinity ward do it. It's not a bad game, don't get me wrong, it's fun, but it literally looks like they tried to copy CoD4 Identically but to WWII, and did a lackluster job of it. Of course Dlux may think otherwise so you should probably wait for someone else's opinion. :-b

I haven't played enough of the multiplayer, only played one match and it was on the level you said you did not like. :-b I guess I'll have to try out the others tomorrow, tonight I'm chillin' on the couch watching Mythbusters and South Park, and no one can stop me. :-B ;-D

yeah...infinity ward does a better job, but i dont mind treyarch doing every other one. the reason they do that is so that they can put a cod out every year. if infinity ward was the only one working on them, we would only see a cod every two years. i actually liked cod3 too, unlike most people.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Got this when it came out and finally got some time to play online extensively last night. Its pretty awesome I must say. It is pretty much from the exact same mold as Modern Warefare, but I didn't play MW a whole lot so it doesn't bother me too much, plus I like the WWII era better in general. The tanks are pretty overpowered like dlux said, but I almost take it as a challenge and find it fun to try and take them down with satchel charges and moltovs ;-D Overall its a very good game and should be a good distraction from studying :-b

If anyone's playing hit me up, my tag is PMoneyTKE B-)
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:22 pm

nice...ill send you a friend request ;-D

and for the tanks...ive figured out bazookas are pretty much worthless...satchell charges are where is at. if you throw a satchell charge on the ground and detonate it when the tank drives onto it..it will be destroyed instantly even if its a fresh tank. you can also take one out with 2 satchel charges on the back-end. much better than 5 rpgs :-b .
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:48 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:nice...ill send you a friend request ;-D

and for the tanks...ive figured out bazookas are pretty much worthless...satchell charges are where is at. if you throw a satchell charge on the ground and detonate it when the tank drives onto it..it will be destroyed instantly even if its a fresh tank. you can also take one out with 2 satchel charges on the back-end. much better than 5 rpgs :-b .

You're right, its wierd, you'd think the rpgs would be more effective. Ever tried sticky nades on the tanks? I wonder how many of those it takes? :-?
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:55 pm

PMoneyTKE wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:nice...ill send you a friend request ;-D

You're right, its wierd, you'd think the rpgs would be more effective. Ever tried sticky nades on the tanks? I wonder how many of those it takes? :-?

naw havent tried them yet. i had such a rough time with the tanks i set up a private match and just tested different ways to take down the tanks. ill have to try it with stickies and see how it works. i hate getting destroyed by tanks :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eagles21 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Well, I got this about a week ago, but couldn't play it since my XBox was in Texas getting repaired. :-[

Got my 360 back yesterday, so I'm going to play for the 1st time now.

BTW, EAGLESFan662 is my gamertag if anyone wants to play. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:22 pm

eagles21 wrote:Well, I got this about a week ago, but couldn't play it since my XBox was in Texas getting repaired. :-[

Got my 360 back yesterday, so I'm going to play for the 1st time now.

BTW, EAGLESFan662 is my gamertag if anyone wants to play. ;-D

nice ill hit you up after work today. my name is xx KEYKEY xx ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Not too impressed with the single player. Didn't seem to have as much variety or polish or emotion as COD4's single player campaign, although the ending was pretty cool.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games