IDP (Indiv. Defensive Player) = Single highest play? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

IDP (Indiv. Defensive Player) = Single highest play?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP (Indiv. Defensive Player) = Single highest play?

Postby Challie » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:41 am

My league has individual defensive players. We give 6 pts for return TDs, 3 for a sack, 2 for a forced fumble, 2 for a fumble recovery and 0.5 for a tackle.

I had Adam Archuleta last night. On one single play he blitzed up the middle - got to the QB (sack & tackle), stripped the ball (forced fumble), recovered it (fumble recovery) and ran it back for a TD (six!). A 13.5-point play!

This is fantasy perfection. It got me to thinking. What is the single highest possible play for one player? My league gives 1 point per 20 rec/rush yards, so even a 99-yard touchdown only gives 10.95 points. What in your leagues are the highest possible single plays for a player?

What about single plays for your whole team? I suppose the best thing you can have is obviously a 99-yard TD pass from your QB to your RB/WR against your opponent's team defense.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:04 pm

The best play I've seen in FFL over the years was Brad Johnson when he was the QB in Minnesota. He threw a pass, had it deflected, then caught it and ran it into the end-zone. For FFL purposes, he got credit for a passing and receiving TD on the same play.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk