Help! Unfair trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Help! Unfair trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help! Unfair trade

Postby jimbo79 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm

OK, I am not a commishioner but I find this trade very concerning.

Yahoo 10 man league. Standard scoring.

Team A (1st place, 8-2) gives up Chris Johnson and Visanthe Schianco to Team B (Last place, 1-9)

Team B givies up Clinton Portis and Antonio Gates to Team A.

So basically Team A gets the league's leading rusher and league's leading TE for a garbage TE and mediocre RB.

Additionally, Team B has not even been filling his roster the last few weeks, leaving bye players in and an injured quarter back.

Is this considered collusion?

Thanks for any help.
jimbo79
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help! Unfair trade

Postby bungle613 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

It's the job of your league commish to look into it, it sounds like it is possible that the 2 have cooked up a deal.

Based solely on the players involved it is not vetoable. Johnson can't exactly be classed as a mediocre Rb and Portis is injured to the point he may miss playing time. Shiancoe while not Gates has quietly put up the 9th best TE total.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

I'd be more concerned about an inactive owner trading than the trade itself. The trade itself is at least defensible as there's a question when/if Portis will come back this year and Chris Johnson has been tearing it up.

But if someone can't be bothered to update their lineup, and the league is non-keeper, then they should not be in the business of trading, especially with the team in first. Do you know the two guys involved in the trade?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paulyedward » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I don't like the part of the owner being non active and then pulling the trigger on a blockbuster trade. I would see if that owner is willing to discuss matters with everyone in your league. I call people out like that, you need to maintain integrity in your league. Thanks for help on mine.
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Spikey_3 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:47 pm

I smell conspiracy.......But i agree with the last two post. Call him out get to bottom
Angry Lion
Spikey_3
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby spodog » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Shianco is a garbage TE? O:-)

Chris Johnson is MEDIOCRE? O:-) O:-)

I'm exhausted reading these.

Portis is unlikely to play in Week 11.
- Maybe the owner dealing him wants to hedge against risk he's hurt for the next few weeks.
- Maybe the owner dealing him thinks (like many do) that Johnson has an almost unlimited upside

This trade seems reasonable to me. Certainly not in the obvious collusion category by a long stretch.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mariners100 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

Something sounds wrong here... but if you just look at names its one sided.

Portis is hurt and may not play this week, Gates is still a top 5 TE.

C.Johnson is definitely not mediocre and Schianco is no where near garbage...

The trade is not that unfair... is this a keeper league? Getting Johnson could be a move for the future over an oft injured Portis.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:52 am

i agree...based on Portis injury the trade is at least defensible...however, a 1-9 team (who at this point i cant even see being able to make the playoffs) being involved in the deal seems shady

definately worth looking into, as well as looking into earlier trade deadlines
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby spodog » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:definately worth looking into, as well as looking into earlier trade deadlines

Lamb - when do you propose a deadline should be?

For leagues that jump into the playoffs in Week 14 or Week 15, this week or next week is a pretty good cutoff for trades, IMO
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:59 pm

spodog wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:definately worth looking into, as well as looking into earlier trade deadlines

Lamb - when do you propose a deadline should be?

For leagues that jump into the playoffs in Week 14 or Week 15, this week or next week is a pretty good cutoff for trades, IMO

2 of my leagues have them this weekend, one was last weekend

generally i'm in favor of it being a little earlier (week 8 maybe) so that you dont have teams out of it trading with teams in contention
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner