It's that time again... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

It's that time again...

Moderator: Football Moderators

It's that time again...

Postby Guru13 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:03 pm

OK, so maybe most of you aren't into Turkey hunting like I am, but I can not possibly be the only one here that hunts deer. I just won't accept it. The season starts this weekend, I won't be attending this weekend as I very rarely get to go during the regular season. I'm scared to hunt public ground during rifle season, and the only time I have access to private land is during the antlerless season, which is perfectly fine with me. Now I want to hear some big buck stories, come on, somebody!!...? :-b ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: It's that time again...

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 pm

Well don't deer hunt anymore. Its too damn expesive here in TX. However I used to bow hunt when I lived in WV. A friend of mine has 80 acres and only lets people bow hunt on his property. One year he got a 12 point albino white tail. Had the whole thing stuffed. There are only 4 on record to even being shot in WV. He got his name and the pics in the papers back home. Was pretty cool. I was about 1/4 mile away from him when he hit it.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 am

I haven't hunted in a while. I think I'll be hunting some pheasant in the near future though. Got that new dog and she's smart and has some good instincts so I've been working with her and it's going really well.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

I'm not so in to hunting, but I do appreciate a walk through woodlands and fields this time of year. I've tagged along with my uncles and watched them hunt when I was a kid. It's a pretty neat experience.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:51 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:Well don't deer hunt anymore. Its too damn expesive here in TX. However I used to bow hunt when I lived in WV. A friend of mine has 80 acres and only lets people bow hunt on his property. One year he got a 12 point albino white tail. Had the whole thing stuffed. There are only 4 on record to even being shot in WV. He got his name and the pics in the papers back home. Was pretty cool. I was about 1/4 mile away from him when he hit it.

That's awesome man! Don't suppose you have any pics, eh?

...Went and got the rifle sighted in today, it's beautiful, and shoots a tight group at 100 yards. However it's a big round that kicks like a mule, The shoulder is probably tenderized tonight. :-b :-B
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby abrage22 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:29 pm

I just got a decent 6 pointer. I actually thought i missed it because it ran off but didn't leave a blood trail, so i just went out hoping to find something and all of a sudden it just popped out dead, but it was fun..
abrage22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 pm

abrage22 wrote:I just got a decent 6 pointer. I actually thought i missed it because it ran off but didn't leave a blood trail, so i just went out hoping to find something and all of a sudden it just popped out dead, but it was fun..

Sweet man, what are you shootin'?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:37 am

I'll eat Bambi, but I won't kill Bambi. :-B :-/ :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:However it's a big round that kicks like a mule, The shoulder is probably tenderized tonight. :-b :-B

I'm not into hunting but I do go to the gun range occasionally. I remember the first time I did so without a shoulder pad. Shot 4 rounds of skeet and a couple of trap w/ a 12 gauge. That'll let you know what you were doing the next day. :-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

scottaa1 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:However it's a big round that kicks like a mule, The shoulder is probably tenderized tonight. :-b :-B

I'm not into hunting but I do go to the gun range occasionally. I remember the first time I did so without a shoulder pad. Shot 4 rounds of skeet and a couple of trap w/ a 12 gauge. That'll let you know what you were doing the next day. :-)

I got a new shotgun a couple years ago and shot a bunch of trap without a pad and my entire shoulder bruised up. Didn't seem to hurt much while I was shooting, but it added up I guess. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk