Players that I will NEVER draft again!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Players that I will NEVER draft again!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Players that I will NEVER draft again!!

Postby FFslacker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Could be but I am seeing my theory through. Whether or not I will get picked off in the playoffs is yet to be seen but I have the lead in points and wins in the league so hopefully I don't find out in week 16 or 17 that it was all for nothing. :-D
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Matt Hassle-Broke. Needs serious repair.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scardino24 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 pm

Jeff George
scardino24
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:08 am

FFslacker wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
FFslacker wrote:I had Wayne at one time but he went away in a trade for CJ4.24. My First 3 picks were Brady, Wayne, Jennings.

You didn't take a RB in any of the first 3 rounds? :-?

:-b Nope. I wanted to be unorthodox this year and throw people in my league off. Basically I got lucky with JStew and Turner producing for me albeit inconsistently.

We had two teams do that in my league this year (10 team league).

Team A took w/ 7th overall pick: T. Brady, R. Wayne, TJ Housh and than Willie Parker in the 4th
the other team, Team B took w/ 8th overall: R. Moss, T.O., M. Colston and than J. Lewis in the 4th.

They are both in 10th and 9th place respectively. Not the greatest strategy IMO.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FFslacker » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 am

woodson_28 wrote:
FFslacker wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
You didn't take a RB in any of the first 3 rounds? :-?

:-b Nope. I wanted to be unorthodox this year and throw people in my league off. Basically I got lucky with JStew and Turner producing for me albeit inconsistently.

We had two teams do that in my league this year (10 team league).

Team A took w/ 7th overall pick: T. Brady, R. Wayne, TJ Housh and than Willie Parker in the 4th
the other team, Team B took w/ 8th overall: R. Moss, T.O., M. Colston and than J. Lewis in the 4th.

They are both in 10th and 9th place respectively. Not the greatest strategy IMO.

Eh, I just have more fun being the odd man out. I did catch some lucky breaks though. I got Warner in the 13th round and a few weeks into the season the team with Deangelo dropped him because it looked like the JStew show so I grabbed him. It does help that this has turned out to be possibly the best year to use the method of drafting since there really weren't many high round RB's that have been spectacular. Like I say it could bite me in the ass but for right now I am 1st place and playoff bound. If I end up losing there is always next year and the experience of not getting too cute with the draft philosophy. :-)
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby joejlitz » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:36 am

My league awards passing TDs and rushing TDs equally, so I grabbed Portis in the 1st, but Romo in the 2nd. Romo helped me get off to a 6-1-1 lead, but I've been slowing down since his injury. Still in 1st in the league, because I came back in the next round with FWP and then got lucky taking Forte later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guerilla Warfare (7-3-1)
10 Team, H2H

QB - Romo, Thigpen
RBs - Portis, Parker, Forte, J. Lewis, K. Smith, Betts
WRs - Bowe, Breaston, Walter,
TE - Witten, Boss
DST/K - PHI
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby damnitman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 am

Any Colt WR's in the the first 3 rounds. Peyton spreads the ball around too randomly. Im really starting to think its better to draft a talented WR who has a crappy or mediocore QB.
damnitman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 am

treat24 wrote:
BettorFan wrote:No offense but I would have not drafted any of those players above. Maybe Ocho Stinkco, but everyone else you mentioned were not on any of my draft sheets. I actually picked up Slaton on waivers because I needed someone to fill a BYE week slot. Helpful tip: Go to all the fantasy football sites, see what their mock draft results were and make a spreadsheet. This is why I'm 9-1 and my one loss was less than a 5 point margin.

Sjax I probably woulda drafted in the right spot.

;-D

I'll draft ANYONE...in the right spot. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:00 am

PMax wrote:
FFslacker wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote::-b Nope. I wanted to be unorthodox this year and throw people in my league off. Basically I got lucky with JStew and Turner producing for me albeit inconsistently.

I took two RB's first in five of my six teams.

6th draft, I thought "hey wouldnt it be neat if..."

So I took Owens and Brees with the 12th and 13th pick... yeah, that team is 4-7.

Two RBs first is the only way to win.

That's definitely not true. You can win going D/K in the 1st 2 rounds....IF you draft well in the middle/late rounds & play the WW well. There is no "1st 2 round" draft strategy that is required to win. Otherwise EVERYONE would use that strategy. What if you went Brady/R.Moss in the 1st 2 rounds last year & then drafted well after that (and picked up a few key players on the WW)? I'd say that person could've easily won their league. The 1st 2 picks almost never decide if you win the championship or not. You really have to draft well throughout, play the WW well, & sometimes get a little lucky. By "lucky" I mean your weekly matchups. One of my best teams this year looks like it won't make the playoffs. I'm 1st or 2nd in points but I have the most points against. Too often I'll be 2nd in points for the week and I happen to play the ONE team that could've beaten me. 2 years ago I had this unreal team that was just killing everyone. The team scored over 200 points on my bye week, won the semis, then scored 80 points in the final and I lost by 20. Last year I won the championship in one league with a 6-7 team that eked into the playoffs with the 6 seed. Going RB/RB is the most popular draft strategy because of one reason: positional scarcity. It doesn't guarantee your team will be good. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby gersh71 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:10 pm

WILLIS MC-SUCK-GE
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting