My Kerry Collins theory - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Kerry Collins theory

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Kerry Collins theory

Postby Petey » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:47 pm

This guy cannot have 3 good games in a row. I really didn't want to start him, and even put a thread in the Who to Start Forum. All responses, 7 I think, came back that I'd be stupid not to start Collins over Kitna or Pennington. I'm not blaming them though, it was my decision and I didn't want to sit him just to watch him torch Atlanta. I will now only go with my instincts, although it could be too late for this season.

So here's my theory:

After 2 good games, Collins will inevitably go on a bender and won't be worth a crap for the 3rd.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My Kerry Collins theory

Postby DUKE » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:03 pm

petey wrote:This guy cannot have 3 good games in a row. I really didn't want to start him, and even put a thread in the Who to Start Forum. All responses, 7 I think, came back that I'd be stupid not to start Collins over Kitna or Pennington. I'm not blaming them though, it was my decision and I didn't want to sit him just to watch him torch Atlanta. I will now only go with my instincts, although it could be too late for this season.

So here's my theory:

After 2 good games, Collins will inevitably go on a bender and won't be worth a crap for the 3rd.

maybe you're on to something there Petey...he was just a little too hung over yesterday. :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:06 pm

He wants to suck.....I agree....and to add on it I hear in order to make Tiki look bad he lubed the football up on all the plays Tiki fumbled on....
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:11 pm

One thing, how do you know if he will have 2 good games? Will you start him after one? If not, then trade him or get rid of him since he doesn't have three good games in a row.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:13 pm

i too had the option of Hass, Penn, or Collins and posted awho to start all replies said Collins without a doubt and for great reason...its a funny messed up game...Penn starts for the rest of the season reguardless

Friendliness: %

Postby BigBlueMarbles » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:56 am

I stuck with him for the whole season prior to this week. Then found someone desperate for him and traded him for Stephen Davis. I know Davis got hurt and didn't play but at least I didn't have to ride the emotional uncertainty that is Kerry Collins.
(9-5) 12 Team Bonus scoring

QB's: J. Plummer, B. Johnson*,J. Garcia
RB's: M. Faulk*, S. Davis*, K. Barlow, B. Westbrook, T. Jones
Wr's: T. Holt*, C. Johnson*, J. Smith*, M. Robinson
TE: T. Heap*
K: J. Wilkins*
Def/ST:Broncos*
BigBlueMarbles
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ousmagic » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:50 pm

BigBlueMarbles wrote:I stuck with him for the whole season prior to this week. Then found someone desperate for him and traded him for Stephen Davis. I know Davis got hurt and didn't play but at least I didn't have to ride the emotional uncertainty that is Kerry Collins.

what a ripoff!!! stephen davis is a stud
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zombiez » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:28 pm

Zimm is it just me or are your posts going backwards?????
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Purple_Pride » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:48 pm

BigBlueMarbles wrote:I stuck with him for the whole season prior to this week. Then found someone desperate for him and traded him for Stephen Davis. I know Davis got hurt and didn't play but at least I didn't have to ride the emotional uncertainty that is Kerry Collins.

here is a good fan who doesnt let his love for the giants cloud his FF judgement. i also played collins in one league this week and he burned me bad.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby veritasdefender » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:47 am

If you ever leave Carolina...you get cursed....proven fact
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach