If I had it to do again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If I had it to do again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pimpinainteasy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:46 pm

i started the year with warner, plummer, and kordell as my qbs. warner goes down after the first week. plummer does good for me the next couple of weeks. i had the opportunity to trade a wr (chambers or mason) for mcnair...mcnair had just come off of a mediocre performance against the colts. i decided to skip out on the trade. very stupid move on my part. i wound up picking up tim couch in week 7 in an effort to get some points out of a qb after plummer and kordell get hurt. he got 5 points for me. i finally scored a good qb off the wire with the addition of pennington but not before i lost two in a row and dropped to 3-5. now i am 4-5 and about to go to 5-5.
pimpinainteasy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Gus » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:21 pm

After week 2 I had McNair, Gannon and just picked up Bulger.

I traded McNair for Dillon (I needed RB help) and Kitna (worthy of a backup QB).

Turns out McNair is likely MVP candidate, Gannon went from MVP to pathetic in a few months, Dillon sucks all year, and Kitna was the bright spot out the deal.

Thank goodness I grabbed up Bulger. Other bright spots have been A Johnson, D. Davis, R. Johnson, Pennington. Thank goodness for waivers.
Gus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Gus » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:24 pm

OH and added sweet justice I traded Dillon back to the guy who originally traded him to me last week for R. Wayne, I then proceeded to pick up R. Johnson when I heard Dillon was out for week 10.
Gus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mannubhai » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:53 pm

I should have picked up Domanick Davis instead of Deshaun Foster. It was the same week when Dom was named starter and Foster had those 85+ yards, dont remember the game.

My logic:
1. Carolina would be running the ball all the time. There is room for two, definetly. Also high probabilty that Stephen Davis would be injured and Deshaun would be the started.

2. Houston: Doesnt matter who the starter is, Houston would always be trailing and more often be passing to keep up than to run the ball. Plus the presence of Stacey Mack and Holldings, I though it is for sure RBBC.

Oh well. My analysis is wrong so far. Still hanging onto Deshaun Foster.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk