Should this owner be asked back next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Should this owner be asked back next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Should this owner be asked back next year

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:don't leagues have a setting where if a player is picked up and NOT kept for 24 hours that he does not need to clear waivers if he is dropped within those 24 hours?

I think some Yahoo ones do, but not sure, all my leagues are Sportsline.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 am

Why would you want a douchebag in your fantasy football league?

I understand that sometimes the decision is not yours to make and you have to vote with your feet, but in this case it sure sounds like it is your call. Personally, I would call this douchebag some bad names to his face, on the phone, or by email just to make sure that he knows that he is in fact a douchebag and douchebags are not allowed in leagues I run.

As for those guys who would consider offering this guy a warning, do you offer a guy a warning if someone gropes your wife/girlfriend in your presence? Do you offer a guy a warning if he calls you out as a punk? Answer: no you don't. You man up and kick some ass. Somewhere in your life you have to draw the line and stand up for yourself and what you stand for. Personally, I consider fantasy football to be damn near sacred. If I have a choice I will not tolerate some BS by a dude who don't care. This guy not only broke the unwritten rules, he raped and murdered them. Don't let him get away with it...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mariners100 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 am

Matthias wrote:I would do two things.

1) Issue a public warning to the owner and the league that bush-league moves are not what you're about and not what the league is about.
2) Tell the offending owner that his waiver-wire agent is really tired from last week and so won't be able to process any of his requests this week.

If it happens again, then give him the boot.

Exactly!
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ABA316 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:32 pm

All the more reason to go with a written constitution if you don't already have one.

Just make sure there is some language to the effect "commish reserves the right to make a ruling during the season should matters arise that are not specifically addressed herein" so if someone finds a loophole you didn't plan on that you can do something about it right then.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:35 pm

ABA316 wrote:All the more reason to go with a written constitution

A Constitution?

Yes, I can see it now:

We the people of the your name here fantasy football league, in order to compete on a level playing field and secure the blessings of the Fantasy Gods . . . .

spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner