GC Game Only - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

GC Game Only

Moderator: Football Moderators

GC Game Only

Postby tarpon17 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:14 am

No sure how popular this idea is, but how about game calls without all the " I need 6 pts from Barber" Can't believe I sat Portis...."
Don't get me wrong, I'm fantasy-driven like everyone else, but it takes away from the conversations and game environment to hear all that.
Just my $0.02
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: GC Game Only

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:35 pm

I agree. Honestly, the fact that you need a big day from Braylon Edwards doesn't add much, and it sure doesn't help too much when you make 37 comments about his dropped passes and how it's the difference between being in 1st and 7th.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 am

Those types of comments are more interesting to me, if I am in the same type of situation on MON night and the whole week is on the line. But all in all, it really doesn't bother me too much.

I love the B. Edwards comments about dropped passes though. How a guy can be that good and bad all at the same time is a paradox.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 pm

bump
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:05 am

Different strokes for different folks I guess you might say. :-b

I see why somebody would want to post that and I see why people would and wouldn't want to read that. As long as it stays in the proper forum (here) I don't mind them too much. Just skip over them and go on. ;-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:55 am

yeah i can see how it could bother people as sometimes there is a constant flow of them....but thats one of the purposes of this particular forum...to cheer and vent...for fantasy players and teams alike. some people might find comfort in the fact that there are others in the same situation, with a certain player needed to score big points, and they are just looking for someone to vent/root with.

i just kind of look past it if it doesnt concern me. no biggie. :-B
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:16 am

deluxe_247 wrote:yeah i can see how it could bother people as sometimes there is a constant flow of them....but thats one of the purposes of this particular forum...to cheer and vent...for fantasy players and teams alike. some people might find comfort in the fact that there are others in the same situation, with a certain player needed to score big points, and they are just looking for someone to vent/root with.

I agree. Those posts don't bother me at all. That's one of the best things about FF IMO. You might have interest in a particular game just because you have someone on your fantasy team playing in the game. You have fans of the teams posting because they're rooting for their team. Then you have people posting that couldn't care less about the outcome of the game, but they have a player or 2 in the game that they need points from. My friends and I do the same thing at the bar every week. We'll be sitting there watching the Jets or Giants and rooting for our team. Then we'll look at the Indy game and say "come on Peyton, I need some points". I see no problems with comments like these in the GC threads. And as others have said, if they bother you...just skip past them. No harm IMO. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:yeah i can see how it could bother people as sometimes there is a constant flow of them....but thats one of the purposes of this particular forum...to cheer and vent...for fantasy players and teams alike. some people might find comfort in the fact that there are others in the same situation, with a certain player needed to score big points, and they are just looking for someone to vent/root with.

I agree. Those posts don't bother me at all. That's one of the best things about FF IMO. You might have interest in a particular game just because you have someone on your fantasy team playing in the game. You have fans of the teams posting because they're rooting for their team. Then you have people posting that couldn't care less about the outcome of the game, but they have a player or 2 in the game that they need points from. My friends and I do the same thing at the bar every week. We'll be sitting there watching the Jets or Giants and rooting for our team. Then we'll look at the Indy game and say "come on Peyton, I need some points". I see no problems with comments like these in the GC threads. And as others have said, if they bother you...just skip past them. No harm IMO. ;-D

I agree. I like hearing what others need to win. Gives me a chance to complain. If it doesn't concern me I just pass over it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SniperShot » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:41 pm

Sometimes I feel like getting into others fantasy woes sometimes I just ignore it. Have no problem with people posting all about it.

Heck a month or so ago there was a guy who was posting every other post in a GC thread begging his kicker to kick a FG eventually people stopped talking about the game and just started rooting (Or rooting against in my case) his kicker to kick a FG.

It was good times.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting