Interesting trend with Breaston.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Interesting trend with Breaston..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting trend with Breaston..

Postby InsertNameHere » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:40 pm

I noticed that in Breastons last seven games,beginning from where he emerged in Boldins absence, his two worst games came against horrible defenses.If you average his numbers against teams that are good against the pass (DAL[7th],BUF[13th] AND CAR[5th]), he is averging 90 yds and (.3) TD's a game. Against the NYJ[28th], STL[24th], SEA[31st] and SF[25th] he is inconsistant and is averaging 75 yds and has no TD's in that span...

I feel like he will serve as a good "flex" against the NYG's[2nd] at home this week. I guess since Fitz and Boldin garner so much attention, when they are covered by good defense's, Breaston manages to get open easier. Fitz and Boldin have run wild on those four horrible pass D's combining for 760 yards and 5 TD's...I'm predicting he will get around 90 yds, his avergae, with there bieng a chance he goes over the 100+ yard mark. He does have Warner throwing to him afterall.
Last edited by InsertNameHere on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Interesting trend with Breaston..

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:14 am

Good point, INH. Thanks! I've already cut him in one league outta annoyance. Didn't want to cut him again- knew he still has value.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:26 am

Good analysis. Especially the way Warner is throwing the ball it looks like Breaston may have some value, kinda like Brandon Stokley did (as a #3 after two great WR's) on the old Colts teams a few years back.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jkekoa13 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:33 am

I have Breaston as well in a league and was looking at the same stats. Didnt go into that much detail but if they play a tight D then he usually excels because he gets the weaker guy covering him. SO hopefully this week he can get a nice little stat line.
Jkekoa13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby djadrock » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:34 am

Breaston has value strictly in PPR leagues. I have him in my PPR league and he is great, except last week. He is a poor man's Wes Welker. He gets all the dump off passes if Boldin is covered.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby vman56 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:41 am

i have to agree with all the points made. Also, I just picked up Breaston as insurance. WIth so many balls going to Boldin and FItzgerald, a little nick may hit one of those 2 guys. His value will soar if that occurs.
vman56
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:09 pm

djadrock wrote:Breaston has value strictly in PPR leagues. I have him in my PPR league and he is great, except last week. He is a poor man's Wes Welker. He gets all the dump off passes if Boldin is covered.

Breaton's value is ridiculous in leagues that reward return yardage. He is a top-10 WR in leagues that give one point for every 10 return yards (way too much in my opinion, but that is the way our commish set it up).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby InsertNameHere » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I hope im on with my prediction...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:34 pm

InsertNameHere wrote:I feel like he will serve as a good "flex" against the NYG's[2nd] at home this week. I guess since Fitz and Boldin garner so much attention, when they are covered by good defense's, Breaston manages to get open easier. Fitz and Boldin have run wild on those four horrible pass D's combining for 760 yards and 5 TD's...I'm predicting he will get around 90 yds, his avergae.

Hmm, not bad- 86 yards receiving, though no TD. In my PPR league, got me as many points as high draft picks Bowe and Santana.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby FFslacker » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Yeah, you play matchups backwards with him. Stout D is when you use Breaston because in softer matches the majority will go to Boldin and Fitz.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk