Fleaflicker users question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fleaflicker users question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fleaflicker users question

Postby bungle613 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:25 am

I am fairly impressed with the improvements Flea has made since I last used it and am considering moving a league or two over from Yahoo for 2009. Is it possible to import the league history from Yahoo to Flea? I know both sites have the ability to keep a history, just not sure if they can be transferred.

If ya know...post away.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fleaflicker users question

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:15 pm

i dont think you can.

but as a fleaflicker and yahoo user i would go with yahoo all the way. in fact i am switching my league over next year. yahoo is so much easier to use, gives you player projections, easier to look up stats and schedules and such. fleaflicker is boring and confusing. i hate it.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mariners100 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

I switched from yahoo to FF this year and I love it. The free scoring is a nice feature and they are constantly updating (the post weekly updates in the forums). Yes, there are things that I don't love with FF, but they are getting better. You can have a keeper league (yahoo just went this way on the free leagues this year) and you can trade draft picks.

I am sticking with FF for my money league next year... once you get accustomed to it. there is a lot of good things with FF.
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:58 pm

i just dont get all the graphs and numbers and stuff, and i dont see the forums you are talking about. they get about 1 post a day, here is much better.

i just hate there are no projections and i think its easier to sort players on yahoo. and as for a keeper league how hard is it just to write down a few guys and import them the next year. the free scoring is a plus, but for 10 dollars you get much better live scoring on yahoo (stattracker). there is pretty much free scoring on yahoo, you just have to refresh the matchup page.

yahoo also has a show every sunday morning and better articles and player analysis. i know you dont need to play on yahoo to get these, but its easier when there is a link next to your guys name. i know i use yahoos analysis for my FF leage.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 am

padrino990_200 wrote:i dont think you can.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99.9% that padrino is correct. :-/

padrino990_200 wrote:but as a fleaflicker and yahoo user i would go with yahoo all the way. in fact i am switching my league over next year. yahoo is so much easier to use, gives you player projections, easier to look up stats and schedules and such. fleaflicker is boring and confusing. i hate it.

I disagree here. Yahoo is by far the worst FF site IMO. I won't play there unless I absolutely have to and I've moved all of my leagues away from yahoo. Main reason is that free yahoo doesn't allow a waiver priority system. 1st come 1st serve waivers is a complete joke. It's not fair to reward the person who gets to a computer the fastest during the games to make that "hot" waiver add when someone else gets hurt. Waiver priority system (or waiver bidding system) is the best way to go....and the only way you can get that on yahoo is to pay for it. Yahoo's player projections are a joke. They project high points for players that are "out" all the time. I unfortunately have 2 leagues on yahoo this year. One is a forum challenge where 4 of us are representing the Cafe. We start 10 IDP's. During the live draft I realized that yahoo doesn't/didn't rank the IDP's! WTH is that? How can you offer IDP's as an option and then not rank them for draft purposes? I couldn't find anyone during the draft and it really hurt. Part of the blame goes to the commish who organized the league for not telling everyone, but that's horrible. Don't offer IDP's as an option if you can't rank them. Lastly, with the IDP's...yahoo lumps DL's & LB's together!?! All linebackers are listed as DL's. Yahoo is a complete joke. Did I tell you that I hate yahoo for FF? [/rant]

:-t

This is my 1st year using fleaflicker and I absolutely love it. It's very easy to use and SO customizable. I commish a league where we start:

QB
QB/RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR/TE
TE
K
DL
DL/LB
LB
LB/DB
DB

8-o

We're in our 3rd year (it's a dynasty league) and we moved to fleaflicker this year after using yahoo & AOL in the 1st 2 years. For the 1st time we were able to have EVERY position created for us with fleaflicker. With yahoo & AOL we had to add an extra starting position and it was up to each owner to leave one starting position blank just so we could support our starting requirements. It was confusing and caused minor problems with people starting illegal lineups. Fleaflicker is AWESOME. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby padrino990_200 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:42 am

you have me on the waiver system, completely correct. but i have found the projections to be pretty helpful for the most part. week to week ones anyways. i dont go by them, but at least it gives you some idea, and they usually matchup with start/sit ratings on here and other sites.

i just think fleaflicker is way too basic. theres not a whole lot of research and players stats and links easily availible.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner