I hate WR I have never stuggled so bad with them - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I hate WR I have never stuggled so bad with them

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate WR I have never stuggled so bad with them

Postby V-unit » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:02 pm

I drafted Moulds as my first WR in the 3rd Round and he has been killing me.Then i drated Price (Before Vicks Injury) and you know the deal with him.THen I drafted T.Taylor and A.Johnson as my sleepers and well Taylor sucked and A.Johson just doesnt get TDs.Now i did a couple of trades with Taylor for Streets and Price for Chambers.Chambers is the only WR i have that has actuall gotton me a TD.Everytime i start Streets he doesnt score and with Moulds hurt the last few weeks ive been getting killed with my WR.If you ask what about FA we have a Waiver Wire and im always picking 7-10 because im actually winning.THe WRs i want get picked up like S.Smith,S.Moss,McCardell,and JSmith.I caint seem to get any luck on WR this year so im riding Moulds and Chambers to the end.I just had to let my fustration and just wondering if anyone else is haveing a hard time with WR this year?
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ngub12 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:09 pm

i drafted and luckily traded PLAX and TO. ther are the absolute worst. i got lucky though man, i did get s. moss and s. smith. i feel your pain though. why didnt i take ahman green or s. davis, j. lewis instead of TO!!!
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:10 pm

I am too. This is my first year playing. I had always heard that RBs are what you need to win. I took that and drafted with that. I made a couple really bad mistakes in the draft. I drafted both K-Rob and Plax pretty late. I thought I was getting a late round steal. I am with you that I am actually winning with them, so I can't get anybody better than Warrick off FAs. After a couple trades and waiver moves here are my WRs:
Marvin Harrison (traded Plax and Chad Johnson for him early in the year. He has been struggling which luckliy hasn't hurt me too bad.)
Koren Robinson (has stunk so bad and the one week I bench him he scores)
Andre Johnson (was hot early but as you said can't find the endzone and is now just a below average WR)
Keyshaun Johnson (he is a up and down WR and every week I start him he stinks and the weeks I don't he does good.)
Peter Warrick (bye week and injury replacement)

My WRs have been really bad. I have managed to be 6-4 through their struggles. The person who has carried my team and played every game is McNair. I have Portis and Henry as my RBs and both of them have struggled some this year. I think QBs are overlooked often because there are so many. I think it is quite crucial to have a top one. Maybe I am wrong, this is my first year, but without McNair this would have been a bad first year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ronald » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:13 pm

I'm currently winning with my WRs, but I didn't draft a RB until the ninth round. Luckily, I made a trade for Stephen Davis after the first week. (I missed my draft; my team would look totally different had I attended.)

Next season, I'm drafting a RB in rounds one and two and then a QB (C-Pepp, Manning, McNair, Bulger calibur) unless Randy Moss is still available in the third.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby V-unit » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:14 pm

I have Bulger, J.Lewis and LT thats how im winning and im also 6-4 but im 2nd in my divison by 1 game.I just need 1 freaking wr to come thru for me i was hoping chambers or Moulds will be the guys.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TTTBone » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:16 pm

WR's are always a crap shoot. The only guy I was willing to take a third round chance on was R. Moss. He hasn't let me down yet. That being said, even the best WR's are notoriously inconsistent. Too many factors involved for them to score on a weekly basis, that's why RB's win championships.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MMH » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:33 pm

Regular WR's are of a very low priority for me when drafting. We get return yardage in my league so I tend to grab 2 RB's and a QB and then stack my roster with special team players. Dante Hall and Michael Lewis 9 times out of 10 can be counted on for around 10 points, the same cant be said of most over WR's. Teams will always need to to return the ball.

I actually picked up Steve Smith of the FA and his great production along with his punt returns usually gives me a nice total too. I have come to the point where i would second guess picking up Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison even towards the end of the third round as I like to know what I am getting each and every week. Actually Moss is a bad example as he is a freak who always produces but anyone else I cant trust at all.

I actually have the best WR corps on my league right now and the only big name I have is Joe Horn who struggles to get in my team the way my league is formatted.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:15 pm

I drafted KRob, Booker, and Curtis Conway. Ouch.

Luckily I also drafted Horn and Chad Johnson. Then I traded for Bruce and Keyshawn, whose late-season prospects I rather like, and picked up Steve Smith.

So now it's:
Chad
Horn
Bruce
Keyshawn
Smith

The bitch of it is that I had Santana Moss but traded him as part of the deal that brought me Steve McNair. I don't regret it, but Moss killed me last week.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:22 pm

This is why you always draft RB's in the first two rounds of the draft. WR's are just plain too unpredictable, even "studs" like T.O. and Plaxico. And Harrison hasn't been that great either. With WR's, you just gotta draft them after RB's and pay attention to the FA list.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:44 pm

VHawk15 wrote:This is why you always draft RB's in the first two rounds of the draft. WR's are just plain too unpredictable, even "studs" like T.O. and Plaxico. And Harrison hasn't been that great either. With WR's, you just gotta draft them after RB's and pay attention to the FA list.

Point taken. Though I wouldn't say "always." If I could get a Moss late in the seond round, or even a Manning or Harrison, I'd do it -- provided the elite RBs (and that's a group of only fve to eight guys most years) are all taken by then.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk