Week 13 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 13 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 13 Games Talk

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Also, nice to see ND open up the Gator Bowl door for NU.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Nice to see Oregon St. take down Arizona with a last second field goal to keep their Rose Bowl hopes alive....that is till Oregon knocks em off next week. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Leber » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Wow, Texas Tech sure took a huge beating today. !+)
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Leber wrote:Wow, Texas Tech sure took a huge beating today. !+)

So, OU to #2? The other two games in the three-way merry-go-round were close. This was an asskicking. Plus OU have the better out-of-conference wins. I imagine Texas' argument will be that OU's loss came on a neutral field, whilst UT lost on the road.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm

BritSox wrote:

So, OU to #2? The other two games in the three-way merry-go-round were close. This was an asskicking. Plus OU have the better out-of-conference wins. I imagine Texas' argument will be that OU's loss came on a neutral field, whilst UT lost on the road.

Texas beat OU on a neutral field. I don't understand how this is a question. I know that the game was closer than the score and OU is probably the better team, but they lost on a neutral field to Texas. Why isn't Texas ahead of them no matter what?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Also, nice to see ND open up the Gator Bowl door for NU.

You guys will destroy CU this week ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Metroid wrote:Nice to see Oregon St. take down Arizona with a last second field goal to keep their Rose Bowl hopes alive....that is till Oregon knocks em off next week.

Agree on all counts...

If OSU wins, I'm thinking about getting to the Rose Bowl... rooting for the Beavs... wearing Duck colors. :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Nice to see Oregon St. take down Arizona with a last second field goal to keep their Rose Bowl hopes alive....that is till Oregon knocks em off next week.

Agree on all counts...

If OSU wins, I'm thinking about getting to the Rose Bowl... rooting for the Beavs... wearing Duck colors. :-D

I rooted for the Beavs last week and I'll root for them in any bowl game they're in but it ain't going to be the Rose Bowl...paybacks a beyatch. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:

Agree on all counts...

I rooted for the Beavs last week and I'll root for them in any bowl game they're in but it ain't going to be the Rose Bowl...paybacks a beyatch. :-D

Abso-friggin-lutely! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BritSox wrote:

Texas beat OU on a neutral field. I don't understand how this is a question. I know that the game was closer than the score and OU is probably the better team, but they lost on a neutral field to Texas. Why isn't Texas ahead of them no matter what?

Agreed. I hate that voters can only seem to be able to focus on the last 2 weeks especially the closer the end of the season gets. (Thats why I cant understand why fans want a playoff based on those same rankings.) CFN did a nice take on this in their "5 hot topics" article that agrees also. Frankly, I dont understand why somehow the non-conference wins matter more than the conference wins.

FACTS
-Texas has played all of the other top5 Big12 teams, all in a row, and came within a dropped interception of coming out of it unscathed.
-By comparison, OU, up to this point has only played 2 of the other 4 top5 Big12 teams. Won big at home against TT, and lost on neutral field to Texas. They wont play OSU til next week, and wont play Mizzou unless they go to the title game.
-Texas beat OU.

OPINIONS
-I like the wins over Mizzou and OSU more than the wins over TCU and Cincy, but admittedly its close.
-OU has been a beast at home, and very good on the road.
-Texas has been equally good no matter where they've played.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to College Football