Monday Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Monday Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Monday Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:18 pm

ProFootballWeekly
Monday, Nov. 10, 2003

Panthers DT Kris Jenkins on beating the defending Super Bowl champion Buccaneers 27-24 to give Carolina a 7-2 record and send Tampa Bay to a 4-5 record in a game that featured trash-talking, taunting and flaring on-field tempers: “I'll say it: I can't stand them. When they pull on their red and we pull on our blue, it's like the Bloods and the Crips. They talk too much, they want to flash ‘I'm a superstar.' Well, now that talk don't mean nothing.”

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson on 41-year old QB Doug Flutie who completed 21-of-29 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns and ran for two additional scores in San Diego’s 42-28 victory vs. Minnesota, the Chargers’ second victory of the year: “I believe in magic, Flutie magic. He played awesome. Doug Flutie, he's just amazing. He's unbelievable.”

Colts S Mike Doss on Jaguars RB Fred Taylor, who vowed to “punish” Doss for shoving Taylor’s head into the turf during the Colts’ 23-13 win in Week Three and responded with 28 carries for 152 yards and two touchdowns in Jacksonville’s 28-23 win: “I guess you'd have to say he got the final word today.”

Redskins WR Laveranues Coles, who saved a touchdown by forcing a fumble after a first-half interception, on Washington’s 27-20 win against Seattle to end a four-game losing streak that caused dissension throughout the organization: “I'm just happy for my coaches and my owner, Mr. (Daniel) Snyder. He's taken such a beating in the papers, and coach (Steve) Spurrier's taken a beating. Hopefully they can get a good night's rest tonight.”

Texans LB Jay Foreman on the Bengals' 34-27 victory, in which Cincinnati RB Rudi Johnson ran for 182 yards on 43 carries and two touchdowns: “They did whatever they wanted. Anytime somebody runs the ball like that whenever they need to, it's just not good defense.”

Browns DB Chris Crocker who made a desperation ankle tackle of Chiefs RS Dante Hall on a 77-yard return to prevent Hall from scoring a record-breaking fifth TD return in Cleveland’s 41-20 loss to Kansas City: “I'm thinking ‘Oh, my God.’ That's literally what I'm thinking. Somehow I managed to get him on the ground.”

Bills QB Drew Bledsoe, who finished 17-of-34 passing for 104 yards while getting sacked three times and losing two fumbles, on losing to the Cowboys and head coach Bill Parcells, who coached him with the Patriots from 1993 to '96: “It wasn't a matter of confusion. We knew what was coming, we knew what they were doing. … I'm frustrated with our production. I have complete confidence in my ability to play the game.”

Rams head coach Mike Martz on whether he thought about replacing QB Marc Bulger, who completed only 13-of-26 passes for 110 yards and two interceptions, with two-time MVP Rams QB Kurt Warner during St. Louis’ 33-22 victory vs. Baltimore in a game that featured 11 turnovers: “Marc slugged it out pretty good. It did cross my mind, but Marc needs to go through this. They all go through that, and Marc's no different from anybody else.”

Raiders WR Jerry Rice on getting only four catches for 41 yards in Oakland’s 27-24 overtime loss to the Jets that dropped the defending AFC champions to 2-7, their worst start since 1964: “The coaches have to give you the opportunity. I haven't had the opportunities this year. It's just unfortunate. I have a hard time dealing with it.”

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher on his team’s dominating 31-7 win against the Dolphins that left Tennessee at 7-2 and tied with Indianapolis atop the AFC South: “I guess the race is on as far as the players are concerned.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10756
Joined: 20 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Monday Quotes.

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:20 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:"Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson on 41-year old QB Doug Flutie who completed 21-of-29 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns and ran for two additional scores in San Diego’s 42-28 victory vs. Minnesota, the Chargers’ second victory of the year: “I believe in magic, Flutie magic. He played awesome. Doug Flutie, he's just amazing. He's unbelievable.”


:-)
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby ramsalldaway514 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:22 pm

that quote on LT is really cool, I had him this week and he is a monster!
ramsalldaway514
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 564
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:50 am

sounds like Bledsoe is actually doubting his confidence,,,,,,
Image
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1633
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Monday Quotes.

Postby mannubhai » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:07 am

Guttpuppy wrote:
Monday, Nov. 10, 2003

Panthers DT Kris Jenkins on beating the defending Super Bowl champion Buccaneers 27-24 to give Carolina a 7-2 record and send Tampa Bay to a 4-5 record in a game that featured trash-talking, taunting and flaring on-field tempers: “I'll say it: I can't stand them. When they pull on their red and we pull on our blue, it's like the Bloods and the Crips. They talk too much, they want to flash ‘I'm a superstar.' Well, now that talk don't mean nothing.”

Birth of a big rivalry. With Vick completly healthy next year and Aaron Brooks & co, NFC South will probably be the toughest division next year.

Guttpuppy wrote:Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson on 41-year old QB Doug Flutie who completed 21-of-29 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns and ran for two additional scores in San Diego’s 42-28 victory vs. Minnesota, the Chargers’ second victory of the year: “I believe in magic, Flutie magic. He played awesome. Doug Flutie, he's just amazing. He's unbelievable.”.”

It is easy to say that after that stellar performance by Flutie. That was magic.

Guttpuppy wrote:Colts S Mike Doss on Jaguars RB Fred Taylor, who vowed to “punish” Doss for shoving Taylor’s head into the turf during the Colts’ 23-13 win in Week Three and responded with 28 carries for 152 yards and two touchdowns in Jacksonville’s 28-23 win: “I guess you'd have to say he got the final word today.”

Thats the way men( Fred Taylor) seperate from the boys(Chad Johnson, Keyshaw Johnson). Let your performance speak for yourself not your mouth. It is a football performance that matters. It is not a elocution competition.

Guttpuppy wrote:Redskins WR Laveranues Coles, who saved a touchdown by forcing a fumble after a first-half interception, on Washington’s 27-20 win against Seattle to end a four-game losing streak that caused dissension throughout the organization: “I'm just happy for my coaches and my owner, Mr. (Daniel) Snyder. He's taken such a beating in the papers, and coach (Steve) Spurrier's taken a beating. Hopefully they can get a good night's rest tonight.”.”

The Coles tackle on Koren Robinson was great. Too bad Spurrier was benched to actually help Redskins win, good move.

Guttpuppy wrote:Raiders WR Jerry Rice on getting only four catches for 41 yards in Oakland’s 27-24 overtime loss to the Jets that dropped the defending AFC champions to 2-7, their worst start since 1964: “The coaches have to give you the opportunity. I haven't had the opportunities this year. It's just unfortunate. I have a hard time dealing with it.”

Second attack on Bill Callahan..Looks like he is really losing his team.

Guttpuppy wrote:Titans head coach Jeff Fisher on his team’s dominating 31-7 win against the Dolphins that left Tennessee at 7-2 and tied with Indianapolis atop the AFC South: “I guess the race is on as far as the players are concerned.”

It Mvp Nair against the rest of the league.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2043
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Baltimore

Postby Homeless » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:28 am

Martz would LOVE to put Warner back in, im surprised he stoppe dhimself from making the call, its hard to believe that Bulger is now effectively skating on thin ice again. :-t
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:59 pm

I actually got through all of them this week. Some of those are pretty cool. I liked the one with Mike Doss.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Monday Quotes.

Postby hayesb26 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:10 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Browns DB Chris Crocker who made a desperation ankle tackle of Chiefs RS Dante Hall on a 77-yard return to prevent Hall from scoring a record-breaking fifth TD return in Cleveland’s 41-20 loss to Kansas City: “I'm thinking ‘Oh, my God.’ That's literally what I'm thinking. Somehow I managed to get him on the ground.”


hahaha! that guy wouldnt have had a shot to tackle dante if the chiefs guy had actually layed a hand on crocker instead of running past him :-° :-B
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4031
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: it's always march madness


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:44 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact