Negative Scores... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Negative Scores...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:04 pm

its happened before... i think kurt warner got me negative points once.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tal1286 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:06 pm

terpfan wrote:its happened before... i think kurt warner got me negative points once.

yeah the year after the superbowl when he got injured in the game against the chiefs, he cam back and gave me negative points so i benched him the next week for some reason and he put up 35 or something ridiculous like that.
"You're my boy blue, you're my boy."

"Hey boys, we're looking for two lucky guys to be our sun tan lotion boys" ... "Well about 3 miles down the road that way there's a huge city. i'm sure that you'll find two guys there."
tal1286
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

are you missing the point?

Postby matmat » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:25 pm

I am perfectly aware of the fact that players have posted negative points in the past... usually, though, it's due to a couple of quick turnovers and an injury... in Griese's case he was still playing in the 4th quarter and ended up with nearly 12 negative points in my league ... -2 is common.... how often does a -10 or worse happen?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Go Vikes » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:28 pm

I didnt start Griese this week, but he would of gotten me -8. I would of tied if i started him instead of Peyton.
Go Vikes

Friendliness: %

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:29 pm

I think negative points suck and I've taken them out of my league. Things like interceptions, sacks, and points allowed are often not the players fault they are awarded too. The only negative thing I think you could argue that is ALWAYS that player's fault are fumbles. I think a team should have to win by his players scoring points, not by the opponent's losing them.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

lol

Postby matmat » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:41 pm

You think picks are not QBs fault? I would guess a fraction of them arn't... a small fraction -- the rest is due to bad reads and bad decisions. QBs deserve to be fully penalized for picks... if there were a committee to assign blame maybe some picks would turn into "team picks" (like intercepted hail-mary passes) or player fumbles -- like that throws that are very catchable but somehow go off the receiver's hands straight into a defensive back.

Taking negative points out of a league seems silly -- you have to penalize a team for having a player who gives the ball away...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk