Romo = Class Act - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Romo = Class Act

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Romo = Class Act

Postby Amazinz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Bah. Bah. Bah. Romo could crap in the woods and you guys would spin it into how Romo was doing his part to Go Green! :-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:48 am

This story is an urban myth leaked to the media by Jessica Simpson's father. Next up: Pacman Jones takes a homeless man to a strip club and pays for a lap dance. ;-7 :-b ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:02 am

Snopes has already debunked this one.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
moochman wrote:
Amazinz wrote:You guys need a villain in order to make this thread not suck and I have no problem playing that role. I really do like to hear about the positive charity work NFL players do. Contrived leaks to the media, not so much. ;-)

I'll go even further. And this may not be a reflection of a publicity stunt as much as it could show real naivette on Romo's part. He may have thought he was doing a good thing, but so unlikely that the press would have lucked into the story, no?
Most likely a publicity stunt, and a poor one. Taking a bum to the movies may be nice, and maybe that or changing someone's flat tire may turn Jessica Simpson on, but it was done more for Romo than for homeless. (I didn't think Homeless was from Texas, but I digress. Sure hope he took Homeless home to eat M & Ms with Jessica-who calls them alphabet candy, but I do digress*). If Romo were insightful enough to want to help stinky, he could have gotten him a motel room with a shower, bought him some groceries and hooked him up with a social worker to help the guy improve his life.
But a movie? Sounds like a stunt, or like Romo ain't too bright.

*Does anybody know what the heck I am talking about? :-b

:-b at the Homey reference...I miss the wacky avatar that endlessly sauntered along.

yeah that thing was creepy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dmacblue » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:16 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:This story is an urban myth leaked to the media by Jessica Simpson's father. Next up: Pacman Jones takes a homeless man to a strip club and pays for a lap dance. ;-7 :-b ;-)

Now THIS is what you call an ultimate high risk/high reward pick...

Unheard of upside with Jessica stripping and pole dancing for you, thowing bottle after bottle of Champers down your throat and the chance to grab a few thousand when Pacman makes it rain, ALL while someone else picks up the check for the evening :-S

Downside being that one of Pacmans boyz start cappin folks :-o

I'd hopefully take cover being Jessica's pole. ...or her behind mine, either or :-b

Ok, well I'm off to Goodwill and then directly to Casa Jones to panhandle and hope for the best....see you guys there ;-D

p.s Last one there buys the Ramen Noddles!

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 am

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Better yet, Romo should have bought the guy a house and a lambo, and let him borrow Jessica for the night!! Stupid, insensitive Tony!!!

;-7

Come on guys. Really? Publicity stunt or not, it was a cool thing to do and it brightened this guy's day.

That's my point, partially. He didn't do it to brighten the guy's day as much as to make him feel good--or as a publicity stunt. A millionaire hooking a guy up with a motel room, food, and calling the local health care office for a social worker consult isn't heroic. Heck it would take less time than the movie and be done for under $100. That would have been trying to make a difference.

And why isn't Romo going to the movies with any teammates?

He could have also kept on walking ;-7

I underlined the above, because even though that is not why we should help people or give to charities, but it is the reason we do....to make ourselves feel good.

Sorry, I lack clarity. Romo's good in this deed was born of selfishness, or a special needs type of simple mindedness. He wanted to do something nice so he and/or Homeless could feel good. That isn't the same as doing something good.
We give to charity in the hopes that we will help improve the quality of someone else's life. Taking someone to a show helps improve his day, but does relatively nothing to improve his life. So that good deed lacks depth and quality. But made Romo feel good....

Or was a publicity stunt.

Spodog: There is no reason to call dream's dad stinky !! Show some class!

Or reveal it! To some "Stinky" is a term of endearment. :-b

LS2throwed: But hey, maybe he wasn't even homeless, maybe Romo paid an actor to look homeless, so he could make himself look even better, that's probably what REALLy happened

Oh, you're good. I never thought of that angle. Does anyone know where TO was during this alledged good deed? :-?

flotsomnjetsam: This story is an urban myth leaked to the media by Jessica Simpson's father. Next up: Pacman Jones takes a homeless man to a strip club and pays for a lap dance.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Jessica Simpson, strip club, lap dance. Thank you. :-L :-L :-L

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Munboy » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:Bah. Bah. Bah. Romo could crap in the woods and you guys would spin it into how Romo was doing his part to Go Green! :-D

Good Guy
Crap is great natural fertilizer...That Romo kid is a great guy!

Bad guy
Crap has methane in it...That Romo kid is an ozone killer!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dmacblue » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:16 pm

After yesterdays game, Romo helped local soup kitchen distributing Thanksgiving meals to the needy on the streets of Irving and Arlington, TX.

Several lucky individuals were invited back to Casa Romo-Simpson where Tony played them at Madden whilst Jessica and her friends made apple pies in swimwear.

What a dude ;-D

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Please Romo,give me a break.He was doing it for his image,and publicity reasons.You people really believe he was doing it out of the kindness of is heart.Ya Right :-?
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:55 pm

This just in:
Romo was in Fort Worth helping an old lady across the street when he noticed a cat stuck up in a tree. After retrieving his coat from the puddle in the street, he and Jessica Simpson coaxed "Whiskers" down with a can of tuna (the "chicken of the sea"), much to the glee of the 8-year old owner. Cell phone videographers captured all of this on camera sent it to PETA, who were impressed with his compassion for animals. After lengthy negotiations, they convinced Romo to provide charity work and speak out against using chipmonk fur in fur coats. Alvin and Simon, understandably excited by this turn of events, have become instant Dallas Cowboys fans. Theodore could not be reached for comment.

Up next...Romo as the TIME Magazine "Man of the Year."
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk