Romo = Class Act - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Romo = Class Act

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Romo = Class Act

Postby Old_Style » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:42 am

joejlitz wrote:This just in:
Romo was in Fort Worth helping an old lady across the street when he noticed a cat stuck up in a tree. After retrieving his coat from the puddle in the street, he and Jessica Simpson coaxed "Whiskers" down with a can of tuna (the "chicken of the sea"), much to the glee of the 8-year old owner. Cell phone videographers captured all of this on camera sent it to PETA, who were impressed with his compassion for animals. After lengthy negotiations, they convinced Romo to provide charity work and speak out against using chipmonk fur in fur coats. Alvin and Simon, understandably excited by this turn of events, have become instant Dallas Cowboys fans. Theodore could not be reached for comment.

Up next...Romo as the TIME Magazine "Man of the Year."

The irony of it all, is that the coat that Romo used to help the old lady cross the street with was one of his dozens of chipmunk fur coats. I don't think PETA is going to be very happy about that.
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cyclepunk » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 pm

There have been worse attempts at publicity. I mean, it's not like Tony was sporting a loaded Glock (with the safety off mind you) in his superman underroos while clubbing...but to each their own.
cyclepunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Give the guy a break. Especially with everyone saying "he's trying to revive his media image." It really wasn't that bad in the first place. Also, what do you want him to do? The guy does a nice thing and gets bashed for it...Romo really can't win around here, can he?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:22 pm

cyclepunk wrote:There have been worse attempts at publicity. I mean, it's not like Tony was sporting a loaded Glock (with the safety off mind you) in his superman underroos while clubbing...but to each their own.

Glock's don't have safeties. Doh! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby cyclepunk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:20 am

joejlitz wrote:
cyclepunk wrote:Glock's don't have safeties. Doh! ;-D

Well, they do for us normal people, but...for the "Barney Fife of Hip Hop" perhaps they don't.
cyclepunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 am

cyclepunk wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Glock's don't have safeties. Doh! ;-D

Well, they do for us normal people, but...for the "Barney Fife of Hip Hop" perhaps they don't.

Uhh...they really don't. Glock's are designed that way. You can google it and learn more about it.

That Barney Fife of Hip Hop is funny, though.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:46 am

Yeah, the safety on a glock is not to put your finger on the trigger. If your finger pulls the trigger and a round is chambered it is going to go off. They don't have a manual safety.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby cyclepunk » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 am

joejlitz wrote:Uhh...they really don't. Glock's are designed that way. You can google it and learn more about it.

I understand they don't have a manual safety, but they do have internal safety mechanisms that prevent the from firing if dropped. Namely keeping your finger off the trigger, that's what I meant by safety off. Of all the drops Plax has had in his career, I think we can all agree this one is inexplicable.
cyclepunk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:50 pm

cyclepunk wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Uhh...they really don't. Glock's are designed that way. You can google it and learn more about it.

I understand they don't have a manual safety, but they do have internal safety mechanisms that prevent the from firing if dropped. Namely keeping your finger off the trigger, that's what I meant by safety off. Of all the drops Plax has had in his career, I think we can all agree this one is inexplicable.

In other words, Braylon Edwards should NEVER be allowed to own a gun, right? ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Previous

Return to Football Talk