commish screws up please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

commish screws up please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

commish screws up please help

Postby jmclark20 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 pm

background- if a player goes on ir that position has priority over all waiver picks. 2 if a player does not play you get the next player on your depth chart for that positon.3.. if there is a thursday night game lineups are due at 7pm for the week.
last week my partner sent an email to comish that said "use a waiver for hillis if we dont get hillis waiver for s. alexander.and drop camarillo.
I was out of town and called the commish at 7pm to see if he got the email and he said you got hillis. when he sent out the weekly lineups in the transactions it said we picked up hillis and drop torain. I thought it was a typo, then sunday I sent him an email that we still had torain. he said that another team had higher waiver priority put in for hillis and he assumed that we would drop torain to get him. and says if he changes it it would screw everything up. so my partner tells him to leave it like it is and he writes back and sys he just called the team thathad put in for hillis and that he now has him.and we get alexander.
now I started r bush and when he was declared out on friday commish emailed me to see who his replacement was and I say hillis. since all this happens on sunday at 630pm and he tells me I now have aleander. if this happend on friday I would have chosen mclain as my backup to bush since alexander is 3rd on skins depthchart and have played mclain almost every week. btw I lost by 3 and should have won.how should this have been handled since the games were over?
jmclark20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: commish screws up please help

Postby dupree » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Maybe I am just slow but I can't make out what it is you are trying to convey.
dupree
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:16 am

dupree wrote:Maybe I am just slow but I can't make out what it is you are trying to convey.

I would have to agree. This is quite confusing :-S

If he can clarify this situation and the events surrounding it, we will gladly help though!
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:07 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
dupree wrote:Maybe I am just slow but I can't make out what it is you are trying to convey.

I would have to agree. This is quite confusing :-S

If he can clarify this situation and the events surrounding it, we will gladly help though!

Ditto. :*) :-S :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby padrino990_200 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 pm

dude, what are you saying?
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jmclark20 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm

our lineups are due before the first game of the week. if we start a player and he doesnt play we get the next player at that position in our lineup. example-I started r. bush and he did not play so I get to replace him. I put in for hillis with a waiver pick 2nd choice s. alexander. and drop camarillo. the commish gave me hillis and drop torain. I did not want to use torain to get hillis. (torain went on ir and that gave me priority over any owners waiver pick) I was saving this as a strategy move for the upcoming weeks because I can get 1st pick from the waiver wire. another owner with a higer waiver pick put in for hillis so he should have got him. so sunday after the games were over the commish realized his mistake and took hillis from me and gave me alexander in place of bush. I should have had mclain for bush since he was higher on my depth chart and before the game started we knew portis was playing and no one would have played alexander.

my backs
westbrook
bush
mclain
sproles
young
torain
jmclark20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Quite a strange rules scenario, but it all seems to make sense now. Since there is quit a bit of oversight on the part of the commish (or so it sounds) and there is a lot of manual labor that goes into getting the right guys started/etc, a large majority of the watchdog role must be undertaken by the league. Though I can't say I support a rules system that is this complex, you should definitely get McClain's points if he is going to take Hillis off your roster (thus admitting a mistake in the system and/or its execution), remove points from you and cost you a win that it sounds like you earned ...

Next year, I would maybe push for a little more simple of a system that requires research and keeping up with team's players until you have to have lineups in and then just dealing with the consequences :-?

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Cafe by the way! We hope you'll stick around ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:22 pm

jmclark20 wrote:I should have had mclain for bush since he was higher on my depth chart and before the game started we knew portis was playing and no one would have played alexander.

This only makes sense if you had Alexander on your depth chart even before you even knew he was on your team, which sounds really weird.

Personally, I think you just got victimized by trying to be too cute with your waiver rules. If I was commish, I would say that the week that your player goes on the IR you get super-priority on the waiver wire, not to be saved forever until you decide you want it. Honestly, that's what caused the whole snarl.

Also, you said yourself that your lineups are due before the first game of the week, which would be Thursday. And as of Thursday, Alexander looked like a good play. So just because you knew on Sunday that Portis was going to play doesn't mean you wouldn't have played Alexander on Thursday.

Take the loss and deal.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmclark20 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:54 pm

even though our lineups are due thursday we have to let the commish knowbefore the game starts who our backup is. so in this situation if I would have had alexander at 12;30 I would have told him to play mclain.
example- this week I started westbrook and he sent me an email to let him know who his backup is before the games start if he may not play.
jmclark20
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby howard crowder » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:47 pm

We do have a rule that if a player goes on IR you get a replacement without going through waivers . Waivers are $10 the other is free.In the other league of which I am comish the guy took Hillis for Torain.When I got the e-mail just before the deadlineI thought he did not knowTorain went on IR ( my mistake) so I e-mailed him that he did not need to use a waiver.Another player had put in waiver for Hillis but realized that he probably would be taken and gave me a second choice which he got.I heard nothing saying otherwise until Sunday evening.On Sat. when I knew Bush was out I asked if Hillis was the backup not knowing I screwed up. Clark's pardner told him of the mistake Thursday evening but I was not told until Sunday evening.If I had not assumed they wanted to save 10 bucks the other player would have gotten Hillis they would have gotten Alexander.So that is what I did. The pardner's e-mail said the Bush backup was who ever they picked up on waivers which was Alexander.i lost money for high points for the week to the team that got Hillis and a Clark win would assured my team of a playoff berth. I could not put McIClain in and disregard the earlier e-mail after his game was long over. I did what I thought was righr and fair. However I am" decomishing" myself at the end of this season.
howard crowder
Monday Morning Quarterback

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner