response - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

response

Moderator: Football Moderators

response

Postby beats723 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Is there something i am doing wrong when asking for advice. I am lucky to get 1 response when i post something up. I try to give my advice as much as i can but i dont know if there is something else i am supposed to be doing besides offering my advice to other teams. Maybe it is just because i am new to Fantasy Cafe. Any thoughts? If so thanx a bunch
beats723
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: response

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 am

If you aren't already doing it, post a link to your topic when you answer other people's questions. That way they can see your response to their question, and a good number of people will be nice enough to click on your link and answer your question since you helped them out ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:35 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:If you aren't already doing it, post a link to your topic when you answer other people's questions. That way they can see your response to their question, and a good number of people will be nice enough to click on your link and answer your question since you helped them out ;-D

Good advice. That's exactly what I did when I 1st joined the Cafe. I'd post a start/bench question. Then I'd answer a whole bunch of other posters questions. At the end of the advice I gave I'd put something like: "please help me: (copy & paste link to my question)". People are much more likely to help you if you help them. That's why you'll see "WHIR" in a lot of titles. It means "Will Help In Return". I hope that helps. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby beats723 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:15 pm

For some reason i cant copy the link. I am supposed to highlight and then copy link? i am not that good with comps. If you can explain it to me that would be cool. thanx
beats723
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:33 am

beats723 wrote:For some reason i cant copy the link. I am supposed to highlight and then copy link? i am not that good with comps. If you can explain it to me that would be cool. thanx

Yes, you post your question & then enter the thread you created. Then highlight the link and copy it. To copy the link after you highlight, it you can either right click and then pick copy, or you can just press control-c (hold ctrl then press c). Then you paste the link into your post where you're answering someone else's question. To paste the link you can either right click and then pick paste, or you can just press control-v (hold ctrl then press v). It'll look like this:

viewtopic.php?t=427951

It'll be shortened in the post. You can press "quote" on this post to see exactly how it should look in your post before you submit the post. The link I copied & pasted above is the link to this thread. Hope that helps. Post again if you're still having problems. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Another thing you have to remember is that if you post your question earlier in the week, you may get more responses. If you posted your question on gameday, you may only get one response due to the influx of questions during this time.

D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Beginner's Forum