Rotoworld Man-Crush column: Good Philip Rivers bit.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rotoworld Man-Crush column: Good Philip Rivers bit..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rotoworld Man-Crush column: Good Philip Rivers bit..

Postby The Lung » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:33 pm

Mark St. Amant is a long-time Huddle regular, New York Times contributor, and author of the book Committed: Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie, which is a humorous take on fantasy football. In a genre in which humor is often very tough to come by, I think the book and Amant's fantasy football articles are an absolute joy to read. ;-D

At while I too find it curious that Millhouse's 5 posts on the Fantasy Football Cafe have been solely dedicated to commenting about St. Amant's Rotoworld columns, I find Matthias' hate for all things written by St. Amant even more puzzling. I simply do not agree that Amant's writing is as juvenile or "mentally challenged" as Matthias portrays it to be. In reality, I think that Matthias' great disagreement with St. Amant 's comments about trading in fantasy football and allowing all trades unless they are so unbalanced to suspect collusion plays a large part in Matthias uniform dislike for any of Amant's writing or those who support his writing. At this point it's so bad that it almost comes off as blind hating. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rotoworld Man-Crush column: Good Philip Rivers bit..

Postby Millhouse » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:01 pm

The Lung wrote:Mark St. Amant is a long-time Huddle regular, New York Times contributor, and author of the book Committed: Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie, which is a humorous take on fantasy football. In a genre in which humor is often very tough to come by, I think the book and Amant's fantasy football articles are an absolute joy to read. ;-D

At while I too find it curious that Millhouse's 5 posts on the Fantasy Football Cafe have been solely dedicated to commenting about St. Amant's Rotoworld columns, I find Matthias' hate for all things written by St. Amant even more puzzling. I simply do not agree that Amant's writing is as juvenile or "mentally challenged" as Matthias portrays it to be. In reality, I think that Matthias' great disagreement with St. Amant 's comments about trading in fantasy football and allowing all trades unless they are so unbalanced to suspect collusion plays a large part in Matthias uniform dislike for any of Amant's writing or those who support his writing. At this point it's so bad that it almost comes off as blind hating. :-t

like i said, i wish i could write about fantasy instead of being a friggin accountant...it's as boring as it's reputation :-D ...and i sometimes go overboard pimping the writers i like on different boards depending on what season it is andwhat sport the board covers, e.g. when sam walker came out with fantasyland i was singing it's praises on some roto baseball boards i go to, if bill simmons writes a good nba column (one of the few things he absolutely nails with consistency anymore) i'll post about it on nba focussed boards, etc...
Millhouse
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk