Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:07 pm

So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby servoled » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 pm

biju wrote:So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?

Just looking at just this season yes. Looking down the road its probably for the best.
servoled
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 pm

The Lung wrote:
biju wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I give up. we suck.

It's tough, I know. That's the way it felt for me last January.

Uh, and you don't feel that way about the Seahawks right now?!?

Too many injuries to overcome in one season. It sounds like an excuse but I doubt many, if any, teams can overcome losing their top 7 WRs for 1/4 of the season and just when they get healthy Hasselbeck is injured for 5 games (along with Branch again). At this point, they clearly aren't in sync at all and won't be during this season.

Barring more unforeseen injuries next year, we'll win the division again. The Cards won't be able to hack playing the top NFC teams even if Warner is back and throwing well.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:16 pm

servoled wrote:
biju wrote:So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?

Just looking at just this season yes. Looking down the road its probably for the best.

I think the windows to win a Superbowl are too small to think like that. If I were an NFL owner I would sell my soul to the devil for one Superbowl ring. Other seasons be damned; you can always rebuild after winning.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm

biju wrote:The Cards won't be able to hack playing the top NFC teams even if Warner is back and throwing well.

Agreed. FYI, next year the NFC West plays the NFC North and AFC South. So other than the Lions & Texans games, the Cards & Seahawks will play a brutal schedule against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Bears, Vikings, & Packers. The Cardinals will also play their two "swing" games against the division winners in the NFC East and NFC South.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Greg Jennings is quietly having a great game. It's just being overshadowed by the ridiculous score.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theboomking » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 pm

trust me, i know jennings is having a great game...and now i'm only up by 9 and my opponent has jennings....dear jebus i hope jennings doesnt touch the ball again
theboomking
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BWestbrook36 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Wow... this is sweet. I went to play PS3 after my opponent went ahead of me by 1 pt. with Moore and I figured it was over. I just looked and I'm ahead by 1 again... did Moore fumble or was there some sort of play that got called back? I hope this isn't a mistake of scoring because I'm pretty happy right now.
BWestbrook36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 pm

It's not Aaron Rodgers' fault that the Packers rush D has been horrible, and their D in general has been pretty bad compared to last year.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 pm

BWestbrook36 wrote:Wow... this is sweet. I went to play PS3 after my opponent went ahead of me by 1 pt. with Moore and I figured it was over. I just looked and I'm ahead by 1 again... did Moore fumble or was there some sort of play that got called back? I hope this isn't a mistake of scoring because I'm pretty happy right now.

Moore threw an interception on a gadget play that didn't work. You might be in luck. Man, would I be pissed if I lost on that play when NO clearly didn't need to get cute.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting