Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:07 pm

So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby servoled » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 pm

biju wrote:So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?


Just looking at just this season yes. Looking down the road its probably for the best.
servoled
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 204
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:12 pm

The Lung wrote:
biju wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I give up. we suck.


It's tough, I know. That's the way it felt for me last January.


Uh, and you don't feel that way about the Seahawks right now?!?


Too many injuries to overcome in one season. It sounds like an excuse but I doubt many, if any, teams can overcome losing their top 7 WRs for 1/4 of the season and just when they get healthy Hasselbeck is injured for 5 games (along with Branch again). At this point, they clearly aren't in sync at all and won't be during this season.

Barring more unforeseen injuries next year, we'll win the division again. The Cards won't be able to hack playing the top NFC teams even if Warner is back and throwing well.
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:16 pm

servoled wrote:
biju wrote:So I'm probably going to get blasted for asking this, but does anyone think the Packers were too hasty to give Favre away now? I mean, yes, Brett would be throwing these picks too however he still led this team to a much, much better record and the Jets are winning.

Thoughts?


Just looking at just this season yes. Looking down the road its probably for the best.


I think the windows to win a Superbowl are too small to think like that. If I were an NFL owner I would sell my soul to the devil for one Superbowl ring. Other seasons be damned; you can always rebuild after winning.
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm

biju wrote:The Cards won't be able to hack playing the top NFC teams even if Warner is back and throwing well.


Agreed. FYI, next year the NFC West plays the NFC North and AFC South. So other than the Lions & Texans games, the Cards & Seahawks will play a brutal schedule against the Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Bears, Vikings, & Packers. The Cardinals will also play their two "swing" games against the division winners in the NFC East and NFC South.
(~);}

Image

(~);}
The Lung
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9850
(Past Year: 61)
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Disgusted with Mocha Bean

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Greg Jennings is quietly having a great game. It's just being overshadowed by the ridiculous score.

:-o
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby theboomking » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 pm

trust me, i know jennings is having a great game...and now i'm only up by 9 and my opponent has jennings....dear jebus i hope jennings doesnt touch the ball again
theboomking
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby BWestbrook36 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 pm

Wow... this is sweet. I went to play PS3 after my opponent went ahead of me by 1 pt. with Moore and I figured it was over. I just looked and I'm ahead by 1 again... did Moore fumble or was there some sort of play that got called back? I hope this isn't a mistake of scoring because I'm pretty happy right now.
BWestbrook36
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 88
Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 pm

It's not Aaron Rodgers' fault that the Packers rush D has been horrible, and their D in general has been pretty bad compared to last year.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5309
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beantown, Taxachusetts

Re: Week 12 GC: Green Bay @ New Orleans

Postby biju » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 pm

BWestbrook36 wrote:Wow... this is sweet. I went to play PS3 after my opponent went ahead of me by 1 pt. with Moore and I figured it was over. I just looked and I'm ahead by 1 again... did Moore fumble or was there some sort of play that got called back? I hope this isn't a mistake of scoring because I'm pretty happy right now.


Moore threw an interception on a gadget play that didn't work. You might be in luck. Man, would I be pissed if I lost on that play when NO clearly didn't need to get cute.
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:50 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact