Harrison injury latest - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison injury latest

Moderator: Football Moderators

Harrison injury latest

Postby Homeless » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:11 am

Nov 11 Wide receiver Marvin Harrison, who left Sunday's loss to Jacksonville after making a 30-yard touchdown catch, has what Indy coach Tony Dungy called a "grade one" strain of his hamstring. A grade one strain is the least significant of the three grades, "but it involves some damage to the muscle tissue," Ralph Reiff, director of St. Vincent's Sports Medicine, told the Indianapolis Star. When asked if he would be available for this week's game against the Jets, Harrison said, "If it's anything like the first half in Jacksonville, I might as well do what I was doing—hanging out." The Pro Bowl receiver went on to express his frustration with Indy's offense. "The injury wasn't the frustrating part," he said. "I wasn't really frustrated by that. (The frustration) just came along with the territory the way things were going in the game. That's the thing that's bothering me more than anything." "I haven't talked to him, but that's how it is with most receivers when you ! don't get them the ball," said Dungy. "We're trying to get the ball to him." Harrison is behind last year's pace, when he set an NFL record with 143 catches. However, almost 27 percent of Peyton Manning's 315 pass attempts have been directed at him, according to the Indianapolis Star.
Views: Marv hasn't been held to just one catch since his rookie season, and he missed the bulk of a game in which his division-leading Colts fell to a team with one victory coming into the contest... so we'll allow him a little frustration. He isn't expected to test the hamstring until Wednesday at the earliest, so this will be a watch-and-wait situation all week long.

Maybe, maybe not.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:29 am

Great, now I have another injured, or not playing person on my team. My team looked really good 2 weeks ago, now it is looking bad...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:38 pm

Nice to see that even the altar-boy Harrison isn't above clamoring for more touches.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk