Bye Week Craziness - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye Week Craziness

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bye Week Craziness

Postby Sgt. Apone » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:43 am

too late in the season for byes IMO, teams need those midseason, of course the NFL could just add Thurs Night football to the full 16 week schedule on a mainstream network and not only solve the short-week dilemma that occurs during Thurs Night Football by using a system described in the OP, as well as adding another revenue stream via the addition of a second regular weekly nationally televised game with flex scheduling
sig. by Deluxe
Sgt. Apone
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Felix the Cat » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:47 pm

Sgt. Apone wrote:too late in the season for byes IMO, teams need those midseason, of course the NFL could just add Thurs Night football to the full 16 week schedule on a mainstream network and not only solve the short-week dilemma that occurs during Thurs Night Football by using a system described in the OP, as well as adding another revenue stream via the addition of a second regular weekly nationally televised game with flex scheduling

I thought Thursday games were intentionally only scheduled for after the World Series?
Felix the Cat
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:56 pm

I thought Thursday games were intentionally only scheduled for after the World Series?

Ha! Funny you said that. I remember a Sunday night NFL game that went up against a Phillies playoff game (can't remember if it was the W.S. or not, but I think it was). The NFL regular season game significantly outdrew an MLB playoff game.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Previous

Return to Football Talk