Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I think I should learn that Fleaflicker, for whatever reason, isn't the league for me.

I am in 15 leagues this year, and as of end of today, I am in ALL my Yahoo Playoff races while being in NONE of my Fleaflicker leagues. In fact, I had my first 0-8 team this year even though I had a team which is undefeated since then and probably would be in the playoffs if in one of my Yahoo leagues.

Being that I have played FF for a dozen years, I can only guess that Fleaflicker is not for my style, while Yahoo still is?

I would have assumed that the competition was somehow better in the fleaflicker leagues, BUT, most of my Cafe leagues are on Yahoo as are most of my redraft leagues, which means that I kicked butt this year??? ;-)

Anyway, I think I need to trim my leagues for next year and Fleaflicker will probably be the trim....

How bout you all?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Postby busby » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Dude, you won our fleaflicker league last year...
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Fleaflicker anymore. The free live scoring is great and the setup is good, but leagues can get out of hand much more easily than on any other fantasy site that I've used. It's simply too easy for owners to come and go from leagues and for one player to find a way to come up with two teams...it's basically just way too easy for a single player to ruin an entire league. It's like their are these unruly owners who don't have anything better to do with their time than to join and try to disrupt good leagues.

The site would really benefit from restricting these types of owner movements into and out of leagues. I think there should at least be a cutoff point (say week 8) for owners to either drop or join existing leagues.

Unless you know everyone in your league, you're probably going to run into problems. At least that has been my experience using the site over the last three years.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Ironic. I talked to a cafe member this week about dropping all my yahoo leagues and not joining any leagues unless they are on fleaflicker :-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:16 pm

fleaflicker runs super slow for me. its irritating.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:19 pm

What you mean is you are dropping all of your random people public fleaflicker leagues for random people public yahoo leagues. Big difference.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 am

My first year using flea flicker and I love it, no complaints at all...The format is set up really nice and has alot of features yahoo doesn't have.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:50 am

Not much of a fan of how the wire system is set up on fleaflicker. I like player stats to be readily at hand and to be able to organize players according to whatever statistical cats I wish. The Live scoring is free and thus great, but I would love it if they could add a live NFL scoreboard too.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby treat24 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am

fleaflicker for fantasy football... meh

yahoo for fantasy football... possibly created by the devil... but I don't think the devil is that cruel... i think when the devil runs out of ideas for torturing people... he contacts yahoo fantasy football for new ideas...

mfl... the only way to go :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mikus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:03 pm

Love FleaFlicker. This is our main league's first year using it and I do not see us changing providers again, so long as they do not screw it up somehow. Everyone is a big fan of the live scoring and the highly-customizable rules.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Next

Return to Football Talk