Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Postby InsertNameHere » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Is there no mention of CBS because it sucks?
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:41 pm

I like CBS: every league I'm in is run there. But we use the private league, not the free public ones.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:58 pm

treat24 wrote:fleaflicker for fantasy football... meh

yahoo for fantasy football... possibly created by the devil... but I don't think the devil is that cruel... i think when the devil runs out of ideas for torturing people... he contacts yahoo fantasy football for new ideas...

mfl... the only way to go :-D

8-o 8-o

:-b

;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby The Lung » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:19 pm

dream_017 wrote:What you mean is you are dropping all of your random people public fleaflicker leagues for random people public yahoo leagues. Big difference.

Yea seriously. I thought this thread was going to be a complaint about league hosts, when it's really just a complaint about the quality of competition in public leagues. What's peculiar is that he wants to drop the Fleaflicker leagues in which he's not doing so well - so can we assume that he basically wants to be only in Yahoo public leagues where he can prey on weaker competition? Did I read that correctly?

I know we have a wide variety of types here at the Cafe, but I haven't been in a public league in at least 5 years and don't understand the attraction. I'd rather miss the playoffs in 6 leagues against Cafe members, other fantasy football website leagues, & the friends and family leagues in which I compete with real competition, then win 4-5 out of 6 public leagues. That's like shooting fish in a barrel. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby spodog » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:07 pm

dream_017 wrote:What you mean is you are dropping all of your random people public fleaflicker leagues for random people public yahoo leagues. Big difference.

LMAO. Yah. was thinkin' the same thing.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lsufan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 pm

If he drops his Kind of a Big Deal team I call dibs. I'll take his team any day over my crappy team. :-) :-)
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:50 am

The Lung wrote:

Yea seriously. I thought this thread was going to be a complaint about league hosts, when it's really just a complaint about the quality of competition in public leagues. What's peculiar is that he wants to drop the Fleaflicker leagues in which he's not doing so well - so can we assume that he basically wants to be only in Yahoo public leagues where he can prey on weaker competition? Did I read that correctly?

That is the way I read it too...so you are correct ;-)

The Lung wrote:I know we have a wide variety of types here at the Cafe, but I haven't been in a public league in at least 5 years and don't understand the attraction. I'd rather miss the playoffs in 6 leagues against Cafe members, other fantasy football website leagues, & the friends and family leagues in which I compete with real competition, then win 4-5 out of 6 public leagues. That's like shooting fish in a barrel. :-t

I totally agree. I haven't played in a public(random strangers that may or may not set line-ups, veto trades, drop studs, etc) league either in years
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby iamgregg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:11 am

MAves isn't in any public leagues on flea flicker :-?
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:02 pm

I am a big fan of the CBS leagues. I like their stat reporting better, the layout of their pages (especially since they are customizable), their live scoring and GameCenter much, much better than the other websites. I have tried over the last four years Fleaflicker, ESPN, EA sports, yahoo (both free and the upgraded version), and MFL and none of them have the attention to UI the way CBS does.

I think MFL is really clunky and they need someone who specializes in UI workflow to seriously snap them into the right mindframe. Same goes for EA Sports and ESPN who clearly cannot be bothered with checking for browser compatibility. Yahoo has a lot of pluses however I really can't stand their reporting at all (I really don't care what the pre-season rankings of positions were, friggin sort by the fantasy points already!).

Can you tell what I do for a living? :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:19 pm

Wow, other than some difficulty getting waivers set up like I wanted them, I think MyFantasyLeague is the absolute best fantasy football league host in existence. I honestly cannot fathom how others would not like it.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk