Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Postby biju » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:15 pm

The Lung wrote:Wow, other than some difficulty getting waivers set up like I wanted them, I think MyFantasyLeague is the absolute best fantasy football league host in existence. I honestly cannot fathom how others would not like it.

For me I truly cannot stand the "live" scoring with the page refresh. I understand that they have a PC gameday software download or something like that, but I truly do not trust software developers nor companies with information they may be able to pull from my machine.

The add/drop from the player's bio page should pre-populate the form. This very well could happen in IE, but it certainly doesn't in FF. Also, using that same "add" link during the waiver period takes you to a page that simply says you can't add during the waiver period instead of taking you to the waiver claim add page.

Also, the stat reports default to 30. As you may very well know from our league, 30 as a default is ridiculous. From a backend perspective I can only imagine this ups their page requests by about 70% since most people aren't looking at the stats to see where their players land, but where that diamond in the rough is. For that I'm going to need to go at least 60 players deep, maybe more.

Adding in modules for the front page is nice, but being able to customize where they are in the layout should be left to the individual owner. This could certainly be the case however I can't seem to find it. As a matter of fact, few things on that site seem intuitive. The links in the dropdown menu seem to be randomly placed more than helpfully placed. You really need to know how to navigate the menu system to get around, and their browse nodes to pages should be linked from more than one location.

And a small note, I hate their sign-in page and how to get to your league by searching for it instead of having a good but that's forgivable since they do have an option to remember you via cookie.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dropping all my Fleaflicker leagues.....

Postby iamgregg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:25 am

Adding in modules for the front page is nice, but being able to customize where they are in the layout should be left to the individual owner. This could certainly be the case however I can't seem to find it.

It's definitely there.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk