Big 12 Championship?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Big 12 Championship??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big 12 Championship??

Postby Eagle Baseball » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:12 pm

I know this has nothing to do with fantasy football or the NFL but figured it might be the best place for an answer.

Who is the South representative in the Big 12 Championship game? Texas? Texas Tech? or Oklahoma?
Eagle Baseball
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 117
(Past Year: 15)
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 pm

This is the forum you're looking for.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2398
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:24 pm

all i know is that "It's Division 1 Football!"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:57 pm

Since Texas Tech, Texas, and Oklahoma all tied in conference record and the head to head matchups do not favor any of the 3, the tie break is BCS ranking.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Since Texas Tech, Texas, and Oklahoma all tied in conference record and the head to head matchups do not favor any of the 3, the tie break is BCS ranking.

They haven't tied yet. OU still has to play #12 Oklahoma State this week, while Texas & T Tech play Baylor and A&M. It's very likely that all three will win, but it's not guaranteed.

Assuming all three win their games, it's most likely that Oklahoma will jump Texas in the BCS, and Flesh is right about the BCS ranking being the tiebreaker.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:18 pm

knapplc wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Since Texas Tech, Texas, and Oklahoma all tied in conference record and the head to head matchups do not favor any of the 3, the tie break is BCS ranking.

They haven't tied yet. OU still has to play #12 Oklahoma State this week, while Texas & T Tech play Baylor and A&M. It's very likely that all three will win, but it's not guaranteed.

Assuming all three win their games, it's most likely that Oklahoma will jump Texas in the BCS, and Flesh is right about the BCS ranking being the tiebreaker.


I realize that they haven't tied, I just figured that he was asking for that as a tiebreaker. If OU loses and the other 2 win, Tech is in. If Tech loses and the other 2 win, Texas is in, and if Texas loses and the other 2 win, Oklahoma is in.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby slowride » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Hopefully OU loses in Stillwater; which would give Texas Tech the nod to the Big 12 championship game since they beat Texas head to head. They then go on, hopefully, to defeat Mizzou. So you have a one loss TTU team who defeated Texas and won the assumed toughest conference in college football this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if UT STILL got in the NC game over Tech though.
Slowride is burning.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 570
Joined: 26 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Texas

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:22 am

slowride wrote:Hopefully OU loses in Stillwater; which would give Texas Tech the nod to the Big 12 championship game since they beat Texas head to head. They then go on, hopefully, to defeat Mizzou. So you have a one loss TTU team who defeated Texas and won the assumed toughest conference in college football this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if UT STILL got in the NC game over Tech though.


This is entirley possible and is going to make OSU/OU a great game to watch
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby Guru13 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:52 pm

I'll be there. Rooting for Mizzou...we're gonna get killed, but it should still be a good time. I was hoping we'd get Texas. I thought we had a better chance to beat them, but Oklahoma is pretty close...probably be lots of OU fans there. damn. but still. ;-D
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big 12 Championship??

Postby Guru13 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 am

Maybe if the game were a little better I wouldn't have been so cold. :-[
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football


Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:09 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact