Biggest mistake this year? Top this . . . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Biggest mistake this year? Top this . . .

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Biggest mistake this year? Top this . . .

Postby joejlitz » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Drafting Jericho Cotchery to be my #1 WR. I was so high on him going into the year and he has been about as valuable as a turd. I cut him two weeks ago.

Mistake #2 was not being able to trade a RB for a quality WR before the trade deadline. I like my WRs depending on the match up, but it's a little ugly for a championship team.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guerilla Warfare (8-3-1)
10 Team, H2H

QB - Romo, Thigpen
RBs - Portis, Parker, Forte, K.Smith, J. Lewis
WRs - Bowe, Breaston, Walter
TE - Witten, Boss
DST/K - PHI
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby InsertNameHere » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Sex Panther wrote:I still think these might turn out OK, but after a truly hearbreaking loss (822 combined yards of offense week 12, and 1 friggin TD to show for it) I may as well vent some more...

Traded Turner & Norwood for Addai for the sweet playoff matchups (after watching Turner go for 117 & 4 against a pretty decent run D, I'm second guessing this one).

Traded P. Thomas & D. Keller for A. Gates.

On the brighter side I traded LJ for Warner (and Mendenhall) week 3 - that has worked out pretty well.

Thus far, I'm extremely dissapointed in my team, which is somehow 7-5...

QB Warner
WR Fitz
WR Marshall
RB LT
RB Addai
Flex Slaton
TE Gates
K Prater
D Tennessee

Hillis, Megatron, Shockey, & Rhodes some names on the bench.

I've got a spot in the playoffs locked up & I'm hoping this team gets hot weeks 14-16.

You have a nice team thur, look at my 7-5 team, pretty much pales in comparison...

QB - Brees
WR - Bowe
WR - H. Ward
RB - R. Brown
RB - LJ
Flex - Slaton
TE - Witten
K - Who Cares
DST - Steelers

W.Dunn, E. Royal, Roy Williams, Anontio Pittman and Sammy Morris ride my bench..I dk how Im 7-5 soon to be 8-5...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LouisC9999 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:18 am

Drafting LT with the #1 pick :-t :-t :-t
LouisC9999
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:34 pm

I made mine yesterday.

Money League. Win and I am in playoffs and at least double my entry fee. Lose, and I might be out.

Started Romo and Chris Johnson and they netted me 54 points. Worried about what everyone said about Westbrook and so I played it safe and went with Slaton. Also decided on going with TJ Housh and Bowe instead of Breaston and Deshaun Jackson. I still have a chance to win this game, but left 80 points sitting on my bench in a league where 120 points will always win the game. Still wouldn't be too bac but the other guy got 41 for McNabb and Folk. :-o

Hopefully, my stupidity won't end up costing me the game?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby InsertNameHere » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:I made mine yesterday.

Money League. Win and I am in playoffs and at least double my entry fee. Lose, and I might be out.

Started Romo and Chris Johnson and they netted me 54 points. Worried about what everyone said about Westbrook and so I played it safe and went with Slaton. Also decided on going with TJ Housh and Bowe instead of Breaston and Deshaun Jackson. I still have a chance to win this game, but left 80 points sitting on my bench in a league where 120 points will always win the game. Still wouldn't be too bac but the other guy got 41 for McNabb and Folk. :-o

The fact is, you can never listen to the Start Em/Sit Em or any subjective reasoning that goes on around these boards and others. I always go with my gut because stuff like "Sit Westbrook this week" followed by "Westbrook scores 4TD's" happens all the time...
InsertNameHere
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:35 am

InsertNameHere wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:I made mine yesterday.

The fact is, you can never listen to the Start Em/Sit Em or any subjective reasoning that goes on around these boards and others. I always go with my gut because stuff like "Sit Westbrook this week" followed by "Westbrook scores 4TD's" happens all the time...

It wasn't only the boards who said to be cautious about starting Westy, but, every single "expert" ranking of RBs for this week put Slaton and Chris Johson in front of Westy this week too. So, like an idiot, I abandoned the "always start your Studs" thinking.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting