Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I hate confidence points. I have more correct picks than anybody else in the entire pool other than Lung who has the same amount as me, yet I'm down by 40 or so and in 3rd. I may or may not still have a chance depending on who some other people picked, but it's just annoying. I really think that we should just pick the winners of each game and they all count for one. In the event of a tie, you go to final score of nat'l championship game.

Thats why I never get involved in these things, if it was just picking the winners I'd be all about it.

I would never do something with confidence points for money, but since it's just for fun, I figured why not?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I hate confidence points. I have more correct picks than anybody else in the entire pool other than Lung who has the same amount as me, yet I'm down by 40 or so and in 3rd. I may or may not still have a chance depending on who some other people picked, but it's just annoying. I really think that we should just pick the winners of each game and they all count for one. In the event of a tie, you go to final score of nat'l championship game.

Thats why I never get involved in these things, if it was just picking the winners I'd be all about it.

I would never do something with confidence points for money, but since it's just for fun, I figured why not?

Totally. The reason I don't care for confidence points at all it because I have to think too much...I'm lazy. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 am

Metroid wrote:
Metroid wrote:Thats why I never get involved in these things, if it was just picking the winners I'd be all about it.

Totally. The reason I don't care for confidence points at all it because I have to think too much...I'm lazy. :-B

Although for you at least eh beginning could be simple. GO DUCKS!!! 34 CONFIDENCE POINTS!!!! WOO HOO PAC 10 TOP CONFIDENCE POINTS!!!!!!!

Actually that would have worked really well this year.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 am

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I would never do something with confidence points for money, but since it's just for fun, I figured why not?

Although for you at least eh beginning could be simple. GO DUCKS!!! 34 CONFIDENCE POINTS!!!! WOO HOO PAC 10 TOP CONFIDENCE POINTS!!!!!!!

Actually that would have worked really well this year.

Yeah it would have. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:39 pm

With three bowls to go, here are the top 5:

1 The Lung 379
2 Mugrila 338
3 hskrpwr13 333
4 portisfan24 323
5 Water BOys 320
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby The Lung » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:22 am

After leading for the entire tournament, it looks like I could be undone by a brilliant comeback by Portisfan24. He saved his highest confidence picks for last, and correctly picked Connecticut, Texas, and Tulsa with his 31,32, & 33 point picks. If he correctly picks the Florida / Oklahoma winner for 34 points, he'll triumph with 422 points to my 409/410. :~(
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:32 am

That's a good battle between you two. I was undone by my 4-8 picks. I got my top four right, but missed LSU/GA Tech, Notre Dame/Hawaii, East Carolina/Kentucky and Texas Tech/Ole Miss. And I was pretty confident about all four. :-[ I get those right and I'm right there in the top five.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:44 pm

knapplc wrote:That's a good battle between you two. I was undone by my 4-8 picks. I got my top four right, but missed LSU/GA Tech, Notre Dame/Hawaii, East Carolina/Kentucky and Texas Tech/Ole Miss. And I was pretty confident about all four. :-[ I get those right and I'm right there in the top five.

Come on Knapp. I know people dislike ND, but to win against Hawaii? Yea, they lost to Syracuse, but SYR is better than Hawaii and they had weeks to prepare. That game was a big money maker for me.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:53 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:That's a good battle between you two. I was undone by my 4-8 picks. I got my top four right, but missed LSU/GA Tech, Notre Dame/Hawaii, East Carolina/Kentucky and Texas Tech/Ole Miss. And I was pretty confident about all four. :-[ I get those right and I'm right there in the top five.

Come on Knapp. I know people dislike ND, but to win against Hawaii? Yea, they lost to Syracuse, but SYR is better than Hawaii and they had weeks to prepare. That game was a big money maker for me.

I picked Hawaii too, and considering where you're gonna finish in the Pick'em, should you really be chiding anyone for a bad pick, Deeray? ;-) :-b :-D :-)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 pm

The Lung wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I picked Hawaii too, and considering where you're gonna finish in the Pick'em, should you really be chiding anyone for a bad pick, Deeray? ;-) :-b :-D :-)

Touche, but like I said earlier in the thread I forgot about this one because I had another one for money and I have been busy with school. That one I was doing better in until this last 4 games and I had to change teams to be able to win because my buddy told me who he had and we both had the same people, but he had about 20 more points so if my guys won out I would still lose :~(
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football