Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
knapplc wrote:That's a good battle between you two. I was undone by my 4-8 picks. I got my top four right, but missed LSU/GA Tech, Notre Dame/Hawaii, East Carolina/Kentucky and Texas Tech/Ole Miss. And I was pretty confident about all four. :-[ I get those right and I'm right there in the top five.

Come on Knapp. I know people dislike ND, but to win against Hawaii? Yea, they lost to Syracuse, but SYR is better than Hawaii and they had weeks to prepare. That game was a big money maker for me.

It's not a like/dislike of Notre Dame, it was a (wrong) assessment of where they were as a team. I didn't think Charlie had them mentally ready for a bowl game. I guess I didn't think Hawaii would roll over like that, too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 pm

The Lung wrote:After leading for the entire tournament, it looks like I could be undone by a brilliant comeback by Portisfan24. He saved his highest confidence picks for last, and correctly picked Connecticut, Texas, and Tulsa with his 31,32, & 33 point picks. If he correctly picks the Florida / Oklahoma winner for 34 points, he'll triumph with 422 points to my 409/410. :~(

Haha thats where laziness pays off. I rearranged about 3 games based on confidence points then just decided to wing it as they were. I also couldn't use my bottom five picks because I forgot to submit them until after some bowls had already been played. I still need Florida to win tonight to take it though.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FFslacker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 pm

I'm hoping Ok wins tonight. In my pick-em league I am neck and neck with another friend and he has Florida picked. Hoping I can go ask him "How about them Sooners" tomorrow. :-b
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Congrats to portisfan24 who pulled off the stunning comeback! :~(

Final top 5:
1 portisfan24 422
2 The Lung 410
3 Mugrila 394
4 Water BOys 386
5 A Fleshner Fantasy 375
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Re:

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 am

The Lung wrote:Congrats to portisfan24 who pulled off the stunning comeback! :~(

Final top 5:
1 portisfan24 422
2 The Lung 410
3 Mugrila 394
4 Water BOys 386
5 A Fleshner Fantasy 375

This looks ugly. Let me fix it.

1 portisfan24 422
2 The Lung 410
3 Mugrila 394
4 Water BOys 386
5 A Fleshner Fantasy 375
6 Cowboys 4 Life 361

There. Now it looks Handsome.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 pm

What were the total standings top to bottom?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby The Lung » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:28 pm

And we're back for another year! Sign-up info is below, and the first post in this thread has been updated as well. ;-D

The Lung wrote:Fellow Cafe members,

The regular season may be winding down, but that means that it is almost time for the College Bowls to begin! Register for Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em today - I have created a private league just for Cafe members. Best of all, it's free!

To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

Group ID#: 17252
Password: cafe

-Lung
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:04 pm

The Lung wrote:And we're back for another year! Sign-up info is below, and the first post in this thread has been updated as well. ;-D

The regular season may be winding down, but that means that it is almost time for the College Bowls to begin! Register for Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em today - I have created a private league just for Cafe members. Best of all, it's free!

To accept the invitation, just follow this link. For reference, here's the group information.

-Lung

In!!! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm

The Lung wrote:And we're back for another year! Sign-up info is below, and the first post in this thread has been updated as well. ;-D

-Lung

In ;-D Thanks for organizing this Lung!

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:32 am

I'm in. We'll see how I do. I think I got hammered last year....
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football