Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Yahoo! Sports College Bowl Pick'em!

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm in, but I'm not sure I understand "confidence points." Is it 0-35 for each game? Or do I basically just rank the games by how confident I am in my pick?

That's the points ya get for that pick - for example if you are most confident about your Ducks game and give it 35 pts, you get 35 pts if they win - if you had no clue who was gonna win and gave it 1 pt, you would only get 1 pt if they win.

so it sounds like it works like Lucky Ladders... but I could, say, put 10 points on every bowl game, whereas Lucky Ladders requires no two games to have the same number attached. ?

No two games can have the same number of confidence points - you can only use each number once. You can just drag the games up and down your list, 35 is at the top
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Cool Stomper, thanks. I just joined the league, haven't sorted through the rankings yet.

wow, these games start this Saturday. :-]
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Yeah we'll see if I have time to deal with the confidence points stuff. I just thought I'd be able make pics straight up. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:24 pm

I joined, and I'll make my picks after I finish finals (my last one is tomorrow afternoon).

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Lung » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Metroid wrote:Yeah we'll see if I have time to deal with the confidence points stuff. I just thought I'd be able make pics straight up. :,-(

If we just did the picks straight up, we'd end up with too many ties. Several people might all pick 24 out of 35 bowls correctly for the lead, and then to have the tiebreaker broken by BCS Championship Game score is dumb.

Every year, without fail, it comes down to something like where the winner might have the same number of correct picks as 2nd, 3rd AND 4th place, but with more total confidence points. That's the fun of it. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:04 pm

I just realized I forgot the tiebreaker question at the bottom of the page! :-B
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Tip: If ya click on the "i" beside each game, it will show you the odds for each game, plus how other Yahoo owners are picking - if ya click on the game itself, it will take you to a game preview.
stomperrob

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 am

Oh I hear ya Lung. It totally makes sense to have confidence points. I just didn't realize it was something I had to do before joining. It means I can't be as lazy as I thought I could with my picks. haha. I'll see if I can knock em out tonight. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 am

Metroid wrote:Oh I hear ya Lung. It totally makes sense to have confidence points. I just didn't realize it was something I had to do before joining. It means I can't be as lazy as I thought I could with my picks. haha. I'll see if I can knock em out tonight. ;-D

Lung can correct my faulty memory if I'm wrong, but the important thing is to get this weekends picks in - after that I believe picks can be changed around right up to game start times (but any confidence points already used are locked in and cannot be used again - so for example if you assigned 27, 10 & 3 confidence points to this weekends games, those points cannot be used again).
stomperrob

Postby The Lung » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Yep, you basically have to get your picks in before the start of each game. Once a game begins, if you have not assigned a pick and confidence number to it, you'll automatically get it wrong, and the way the system is set up, it's defaulting to the lowest confidences in increasing order. So let's say you missed all three games this weekend - then you'd automatically lose your 1,2 & 3 confidence point games.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football