A few things bothering me... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

A few things bothering me...

Moderator: Football Moderators

A few things bothering me...

Postby Munboy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 am

Number one thing on my list. Talking heads. I get tired of hearing every week about how the Steeler's running game will be hurt by Parker not playing. I hear it on ESPN, I hear it on NFL Network, I read it in articles. These guys need to do their homework. Moore is filling in just fine for Parker. In fact, Moore's having a better season than Parker. This could only be because of the rash of injuries Parker has sustained, but it is what it is. There has been no dropoff from Parker to Moore. In fact, in case these "experts" didn't notice, the running game got going last week when Parker went out and Moore came in....And while I'm on the subject, has anybody else noticed that Parker doesn't follow his blockers? It seems like he's always looking for that cut-back. Put some faith in your blockers and run in behind the FB, ok?

Number two thing on my list. Refs. I'm probably going to sound like a Seahawks fan here, but the penalites against the Steelers have been insane! They're so nitpicky, and the commentators are always quick to jump on the ref's side now-a-days, that the average fan who doesn't know the rules will take them at there word that it was a good call. The holding calls have been iffy, they call fouls on the Steelers while missing fouls by the other team...case in point. A foul for blocking out of bounds last week or the week before. Maybe that did accure, but the ref standing on the sidelines completely missed a Steeler being dragged down by his facemask. At the very least, they should have been off-setting. Rekick. I know "picking" in the NFL is illegal, but the WR has every right to run his route. Was Washington supposed to run around the defender?? Its not like he stopped and got in the way. He was running his route. Iffy call.

Number three on my list. Insomnia. 11:30 at night...have to get up by 6am for work...And I'm not even sleepy...or even tired at all. I know if I go to bed, i'll just end up laying there. I know once I finally get tired and I start to drift off, my son (who's not feeling good) will wake up. And I know I'll have to be the one to get up because my wife (who is also not feeling good) has to work in the morning as well. :-t :-o
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A few things bothering me...

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 pm

Agree on the first point because it really doesn't matter who the Steelers have at running back; they're going to average under 3 yards per carry behind that offensive line regardless. :-P !+)

I agree to an extent on the referees, but I've always felt that in the end bad officiating will balance itself out for all teams. Many of the calls against the Steelers have been nitpicky, but I'm sure that eventually the Steelers will start getting those calls. I have a bigger beef with the fines the league has been handing out, including a $10,000 to LaMarr Woodley for sacking Jason Campbell "in an intimidating manner" (yes, the actual reason given by the NFL) and a $5000 fine to Ryan Clark for, get this, honoring Sean Taylor by etching 21 into his eye black. :-t

:-/ Sorry about the insomnia man. Hope your son and wife feel better, and eat plenty of turkey so you'll get some sleep tonight. :-B Happy Thanksgiving. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers