Start Scheffler this week . . . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Start Scheffler this week . . .

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Start Scheffler this week . . .

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:34 pm

ampant wrote:
ampant wrote:I think Scheff has 4-6 receptions with 40-80 yards and a 50% shot at a TD.

7 receptions for 90 yards. Pretty good game. He was targeted in the end-zone, but Cutler got picked off.

Started him in both leagues. B-)

Good call. I wish I would have read this. He was in my doghouse so I started Scaiff over him. Luckily it didn't matter.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:42 pm

I started him and I watched the game, hopefully it didn't cost anyone but he missed a TD but about 2 inches, got tackled on the 1 yd line but it was a nice throw and catch by Scheff and it looked like it was good, so that could of been an even more productive day, he's got his highs and lows but he's gonna stay in my lineup for the playoffs.

Expect him to find the endzone next week vs KC.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby yossarian » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Just wanted to say good call on saying to start Scheff. I actually dropped him at the beginning of the week, but your analysis of the situation convinced me to pick him back up at the last second. He really was half a yard from a TD. Being that I has started both Cutler AND Scheff, that drove me crazy.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:32 pm

What do you think of him this week against KC?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ampant » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm

He's always a big play threat, but I don't like him as much as I did last week. KC's defense isn't that good, and I think Scheffler is best against tough run defenses or high-powered offenses. Don't get me wrong, he's always a nice TD/big play target, but he seems to be either super-involved, or not at all.

He's big bodied with great hands, and Cutler likes to throw to him, but one of the reasons is isn't going off like last year is that they have Royal killing it for them. Last year it was basically him and Marshall with a crappy running game. Royal is taking catches from Scheff.

Against KC I would still put him in my top 10 plays. Obviously dudes like Gates, Cooley, Witten etc. are obvious starts, but Scheff is at the top of tier 2 IMO.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Previous

Return to Football Talk