Week 13 GC: Arizona @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 13 GC: Arizona @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 13 GC: Arizona @ Philadelphia

Postby DirtyDawg10 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Pimps Main Prophet wrote:
Panthers89 wrote:A guy in my league benched Westbrook for Ronnie Brown and Larry Johnson. This guy is a two time champion can't believe it ;-7
Hopefully he misses the playoffs for this !

You can't blame him, if you saw Westbrook last week you would have done the same. He looked horrible and slow, and there was no indication at all during the week that he was in any better shape.

It just goes to show the golden rule of fantasy football "Don't bench your studs" still holds true.
DirtyDawg10
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pimps Main Prophet » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:36 pm

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
Panthers89 wrote:A guy in my league benched Westbrook for Ronnie Brown and Larry Johnson. This guy is a two time champion can't believe it ;-7
Hopefully he misses the playoffs for this !

You can't blame him, if you saw Westbrook last week you would have done the same. He looked horrible and slow, and there was no indication at all during the week that he was in any better shape.

It just goes to show the golden rule of fantasy football "Don't bench your studs" still holds true.

Depends on what you have on the bench

If healthy, obviously you never bench him, but the dude could barely walk last week.

If you didn't see the entire Eagles game last week I can see how you can't understand this.

As an Eagles fan, if I had Westbrook on my fantasy team, I would have never started him tonight. There was ZERO indication that he was any healthier. Good for those who did, Congrats.
Pimps Main Prophet
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Too many turnovers for my liking, but Warner scored pretty decently AND managed to avoid throwing a TD to Boldin (on my opponent's team), so I am pretty darned happy all told :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paulyedward » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:41 pm

SniperShot wrote:for anyone who benched Westbrook, you are a complete idiot. I have no compassion for you.

That being said LETS GET TD #5 BABY! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Guess we were complete geniuses then when we started him the past three weeks and he proceeded to put up-5, 10, and 8 points in consecutive weeks (and that is in my PPR, 1 point every 10 yards league). Oh ya I lost two of those three games by a total of 15 points. You know how lousy those fantasy numbers are for a stud RB? Sniper, if you're going to make comments like that, make them before a guy scores 4 TD's. Deal?
Last edited by Paulyedward on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DirtyDawg10 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:41 pm

I disagree. I've been a Westy owner in my keeper league for several years. One thing about Westy is he could not practice all week then start and rip it up. You never bench Westy if he's starting. He practiced full yesterday which tells me he's feeling better than any normal week. If he was really hurt he would have been limited at practice yesterday. You stick with your theories and I'll stick with mine.
DirtyDawg10
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eagles21 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:45 pm

eagles21 wrote:On an Eagles related note, that was fun to watch. They played well everywhere. Sweet win. ;-D

As an Eagles fan the last thing I wanted to see was a win.

McNabb will not be with this team next year and all the win does is give that dumb FAT A$$ED coach a reason not to play Kolb the rest of the way because he'll say they are still in the playoff race when realistically they have ZERO CHANCE of making the playoffs.

Once again this year they made sure of that by losing all their division and key conference games early in the season.

I think the games in the past month have made us so bitter that we forget what some of these guys have done for us. Reid is a great coach, Mcnabb is a great QB. It's true that the Cardinals D isn't that good, but if Reid called plays like that for the rest of the year, and Mcnabb played like that for the rest of the year, I think we can beat anyone. We probably won't make the playoffs, but it would be cool to go down fighting in the last few weeks. :-)

(BTW, I'm just in a happy mood from an Eagles win and Thanksgiving. The negative Eagles fan inside me (which I'm trying to fight off) is completely agreeing with you PMP. :-b )
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Paulyedward » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm not as upset as I could be though, I am starting two out these three-Dunn, Deangelo, Slaton (haven't decided who to bench out of them).
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:32 am

eagles21 wrote:
eagles21 wrote:On an Eagles related note, that was fun to watch. They played well everywhere. Sweet win. ;-D

McNabb will not be with this team next year and all the win does is give that dumb FAT A$$ED coach a reason not to play Kolb the rest of the way because he'll say they are still in the playoff race when realistically they have ZERO CHANCE of making the playoffs.

Once again this year they made sure of that by losing all their division and key conference games early in the season.

I think the games in the past month have made us so bitter that we forget what some of these guys have done for us. Reid is a great coach, Mcnabb is a great QB. It's true that the Cardinals D isn't that good, but if Reid called plays like that for the rest of the year, and Mcnabb played like that for the rest of the year, I think we can beat anyone. We probably won't make the playoffs, but it would be cool to go down fighting in the last few weeks. :-)

(BTW, I'm just in a happy mood from an Eagles win and Thanksgiving. The negative Eagles fan inside me (which I'm trying to fight off) is completely agreeing with you PMP. :-b )

I can't ever think of a time when I wanted Dallas to lose a game dating back to 1978. Shocked to hear that from you guys. You guys just showed that if you are playing well you can beat most teams. I'm just amazed you guys would actually want your team to lose. :-?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Pimps Main Prophet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:46 pm

eagles21 wrote:

I think the games in the past month have made us so bitter that we forget what some of these guys have done for us. Reid is a great coach, Mcnabb is a great QB.

I haven't forgotten anything

The only 2 years this team has made the playoffs recently were the two years that Reid's philosophy went out the window
2004 they went to the Super Bowl because he finally brought in a big time #1 WR

and in 2006 when McNabb got hurt and Garcia came in and they changed their entire game plan and ran more than they ever did.

McNabb is very good, not great, He can play but he's not a leader
Pimps Main Prophet
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Pimps Main Prophet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
I can't ever think of a time when I wanted Dallas to lose a game dating back to 1978. Shocked to hear that from you guys. You guys just showed that if you are playing well you can beat most teams. I'm just amazed you guys would actually want your team to lose. :-?

Playoffs are not a reality

so the more they lose the better draft pick we get and more of a chance of saying bye bye to McNabb and fat ass Reid
Pimps Main Prophet
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting