Don't start a player on Thanksgiving because..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Don't start a player on Thanksgiving because.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Don't start a player on Thanksgiving because.....

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:53 am

chchelse wrote:I'm starting: Warner, MBIII, CJ4.24, Steve Breaston and Neil Rackers. I am starting Breaston over Housh and Ocho Cinco, but if you look at the numbers, Breaston has been consistently better than those guys, so I don't think it's a reach. I don't think I'll move away from the TV all day. By Friday I'll know where I stand and whether I'll get above .500 for the first time this year after a horrible 1-5 start.

I have MB III, Fitzgerald, K. Smith, N. Folk and Dallas DEF all going today. Going to be a very busy day.

This is the last week of fantasy football - regular season (playoffs start next week), and in my 10 team league, only 2 teams have clinched a playoff spot (w/ a 10-2 and 8-4 record). Only 6 teams make playoffs, but depending how this week goes, the #10 team could make playoffs.

Teams 3-5 are 6-6
Teams 6-9 are 5-7
Team 10 is 4-8.

Team 10 has the 4th most pts in our league, so if team 6, 7, 8 and 9 all lose (which none of them are playing each other interestingly enough) and Team 10 wins, he'll more than likely leap frog into the #6 spot and make playoffs. It's pretty crazy.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Don't start a player on Thanksgiving because.....

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:18 am

I've been Mr. Thanksgiving in my main league the past few years, this year started Romo, Chris Johnson, Marion Barber, Larry Fitzgerald, Tennessee Defense, last year went just as well with my guys and I haven't been burned yet...I usually have a few Cowboys on all my teams and they usually play well on Thanksgiving though so that's a big part of it, but today was a big day for me.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer