Crowder & Light Fined $15,000 Each - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Crowder & Light Fined $15,000 Each

Moderator: Football Moderators

Crowder & Light Fined $15,000 Each

Postby mattUTD20 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 pm

I am really surprised this incident is not getting more attention. Light had Crowders helmet off, grasped him by the hair and was punching him in the head. How does Light not get suspended here and Crowder draws the same fine amount? Are they serious?

LIGHT, CROWDER FINED
Posted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2008, 10:34 a.m. EST
Patriots offensive tackle Matt Light and Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder won’t be suspended for their fight during Sunday’s game in Miami.

But they will be fined, $15,000 each.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the league opted to impose fines and not suspensions for the incident, which resulted in both players being ejected.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/ ... /#comments
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Crowder & Light Fined $15,000 Each

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm with you matt; not that Crowder didn't do anything wrong, but grabbing a guy by his hair and punching him in the face seems much worse than whatever Crowder did. How Light didn't get punished more is beyond me.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Light should have either been fined more, suspended, or both. Crowder started it, but what Light did was out of line. It is one thing to get into a little scuffle and push eachother after the play, but Light was punching the guy in the head. The only way I can follow the commissioners logic here is that since Crowder started it, it was largely his fault. I don't agree with this though, even as a Pats fan.

I did hear though that Crowder was trash talking about Lights wife all game. Doesn't excuse what Light did, but it doesn't surprise me that Light beat the crap out of Crowder after Crowder started shoving Light after a play.
Last edited by TheDiplomats on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattUTD20 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Here is the video in case anyone reading this hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-z1KIa ... re=related
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 pm

as a pats fan this surprised me big time. watching the game i kept noticing that crowder was in every little scuffle on the field, whether it be yelling or pushing or coming in at the end of the play (nothing that i could care about). so i kinda think he was a big part of it as well, but what light did was stupid. both should be suspended a game and light should be fine more since he carried it on.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Maybe the Commish has his money on the Pats covering Sunday.
Don't know what caused the fight, but I do know that Light knew he was doing and that it was wrong. A suspension should have been automatic to set an example that this behavior will not be tolerated. Period.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:08 pm

wow...i expected them both to get fines, but i also expected light to get suspended on top of it. there is no reason that these two should be punished equally. light took it too far.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dmacblue » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:25 pm

do that it the stands and youd go to jail...never understood the free pass athletes get.

Like football in England, fans get years for fighting or even conspiracy to fight, yet in rugby they punch the heck out of eachother and carry on regardless. The police never walk on a arrest any of the fighting players.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby FFslacker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 pm

He probably would have had to do a celebration dance after beating the crap out of Crowder to get a bigger fine since that seems to be the only thing the commish cares about.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:01 am

dmacblue wrote:do that it the stands and youd go to jail...never understood the free pass athletes get.

Like football in England, fans get years for fighting or even conspiracy to fight, yet in rugby they punch the heck out of eachother and carry on regardless. The police never walk on a arrest any of the fighting players.

I think there may be an unstated understanding of the need for athletes to be hyper-aggressive in order for them to perform at the high levels we demand. So we excuse their behavior when their aggression spills over into on field skirmishes.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk