Worst trades or draft picks... tell your story - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst trades or draft picks... tell your story

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Worst trades or draft picks... tell your story

Postby . » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Here come the floods of people who lost faith in Westbrook these last 3 weeks and sold him for dirt cheap.
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pfwygalways » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm

a few more...

last year i traded for both ben watson and m.harrison the week before they got injured in seperate trades. Season was a bust anyway due to Maroney as a first round pick.

Way back when I traded for A. Green in his hayday with the packers for P. Manning in a keeper leauge. Back in 97 when Peyton was still starting. Was trying to make the playoffs, didnt. Dropped out of the leauge the next year due to the trade.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Looking back, I had surprisingly few mistakes this year. I think my worst move was taking Matt Ryan over Chris Johnson in the first round of my dynasty league draft. The only reason that ended up being a bad move was because I also took Brett Favre in the fifth round of that draft and because Favre has played so well, I've only used Ryan for one game this year.

It was bad in the sense that I didn't end up using Ryan much this year (whereas I would've played Johnson on a weekly basis). But I can't complain too much since it looks like I'll be set at QB for a number of years.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I ended up with LT in my main league this year via a huge trade, but that owner was struggling and I was really targeting Addai...I sent the Addai owner a swap of Addai & LT straight up, at some point I changed my mind but I guess I never deleted it because when I came home I saw our deal was pending, as if I wasn't already pissed about it Addai got hurt the very next game and LT played great on Sunday night...Now at this point, I am honestly glad I have Addai instead of LT, but the funny thing is I was so frustrated with Addai I tried to send him to the Tim Hightower owner along with Braylon Edwards :-t Had he accepted I would of probably ruined my season.

Worst trade ever was probably 2005, I had Larry Johnson and when Priest went down I got offers from nearly everyone in the league...This was one of my first years playing fantasy football really, so not knowing if LJ would beast or suck when he got the start I traded him off for Chad Johnson before I even got to see him play, the guy I traded him to won the championship that same year :-? Losing big in a trade humbles you, it's probably happened to most of us before.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:29 pm

Draft day this year, 7th round. Do I draft need (WR) or best-player-available (Cutler)? Decided to go with the guy I knew would produce this year, based on his efforts recent seasons- Joey Galloway.

This one mis-step forced me to focus all my trades and waiver wire moves on shoring up these two spots. Right now, I have 4 QBs- Shaun Hill, Kyle Orton, Sage Rosenfels and JaMarcus Russell. Ouch.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby default01 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 pm

This year, I traded Kurt Warner after week one for Torry Holt. Warner was my backup to Drew Brees and I had just lost Colston and Burleson to injuries so I needed a WR and worked out a deal with the Brady owner. It definitely saved his season since he's fighting for a playoff spot now. I had some other nice moves (Perry/Driver for Grant/Curtis) and have a very small lead for first (3 way tie, ahead in points, 1 game ahead of 4 teams). It didn't hurt me but could have helped much more if I had waited a few weeks.

Last year, I had a trade with the same owner after week one. I sent Chris Brown for Santonio Holmes. He became my #2 WR and helped me to a second place finish despite struggling at QB all year. Last year, I won the trade, this time he got the best of me.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:53 am

Really no bad trades this year except for my Quinn for McGahee fiasco. It's a keeper but I thought when Quinn got injured that it wasn't too bad. McGahee cost me the playoffs :-t .
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby YerInUrine » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:50 am

I needed a QB, and I had a surplus of WR. I traded Calvin Johnson for Big Ben & Edge. This was at the time when the Det QB situation was up in the air, and Edge was still getting some carries. I pretty much gave CJ away because I was able to pick up Campbell who has been comparable to Big Ben :-P
YerInUrine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby padrino990_200 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:11 pm

one team this was my first few rounds (2 qb league otherwise i would never go 1st round on one):

Romo
SJAX
McGahee
Braylon Edwards
Plaxico

I've pretty much given up on that team. 6th seed in the playoffs, but i've made som good pickups and i might have a prayer.

In another league i went on to sign warner after i heard about him starting. another guy had beat me to him by 7 minutes. making my 2 qbs going into the season Big Ben and Delhomme. Week 6 i traded lynch for cutler (have AP, Jones, CJ2.4 and forte). Now I'm sitting pretty at #1 going into a bye. Imagine if i didnt have to deal for a qb.....
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mariners100 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm

My worst trade

I got Big Ben and Winslow
I gave up Brandon Jacobs and Phillip Rivers :-t

My worst draft pick (keeper league), I took J. Stewart and Kevin Smith over Matt Forte... DOH!
GOT 6? WE DO!
mariners100
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk