Week 14 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 14 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 14 Games Talk

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:21 pm

I don't know if I can even watch this anymore. Big 12 defense is just so.....ugh. Pathetic would be too kind a word. Those last two OU drives the TDs came on simple jogging routes where there was no OSU defender within 10 yards, and OSU's last TD came where the entire OU defense decided the best strategy was to run around tackling each other rather than the ball carrier.

Has Bradford said anything about whether or not he's staying in school after this year? Kid looks like he has all the tools for the next level. He's got a cannon, he's got touch, he's got size, he's got great vision, and he's pretty mobile to boot.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Florida first team defense still has not given up a TD since LSU

Also, UF has not given up a rushing TD in 6.5 games.

Good Luck Bama
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:09 am

I'm getting to be sold on Florida at this point. I'd be pretty surprised if Bama can beat them next week...or if (likely Oklahoma) can beat them in the championship later on.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:44 am

Wow Oregon just devastated OSU's hopes of a Rose Bowl.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:59 am

Free Bagel wrote:LOL, Big 12 tackling.

There were LITERALLY six OU players within a yard of that lone orange jersey. Wow.

Rewatch that UGA/GT game and then poke fun at Big12 tackling. :-b

Ultimately, this is why I'd prefer to see Texas play Fla if it comes down to that. I think a FLA/OU game would probably end up being some type of 60-40 Fla win. I think Texas gives the Big12 a better shot at a NC. I think Texas as a just slightly less explosive O than OU's, but I think Texas' D is miles ahead of OU's. Texas has been consistenlty good all season, where OU has kind of been up and down, and seem to play MUCH better in Norman than away.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:55 pm

I don't get the 'H2H is everything' argument. Sure, it's important. But no-one thinks the H2H puts Tech over UT, do they? So the three-way can only be resolved by 1) The margins of the games within the triangle and b) the rest of their schedules. Both of which favour OU.

So far we know the gap in the AP poll has narrowed to one point between ou and ut, with OU gaining significantly in the Sagarin. Ultimately, I think the most important game in this round with regard to the OU/UT discussion will turn out to be the KU upset of Missouri- that significantly hurts the Horns' SoS.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:49 pm

AP wrote:NEW YORK -- Oklahoma is ahead of Texas in the BCS standings and headed to the Big 12 Championship Game with an inside track to the national title.

A three-way tie between Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech atop the Big 12 South standings forced the league to use its fifth tiebreaker, best BCS rating, to determine which team will play Missouri on Saturday in Kansas City, Mo.

The Sooners, who lost to Texas 45-35 in October, edged out the Longhorns by a hair. Oklahoma has a .9351 BCS average. Texas' BCS average is .9223.

Oklahoma is a point ahead of Texas in the coaches poll and six points behind the Longhorns in the Harris Interactive. The computer ratings preferred the Sooners and that made the difference.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:01 pm

BritSox wrote:I don't get the 'H2H is everything' argument. Sure, it's important. But no-one thinks the H2H puts Tech over UT, do they? So the three-way can only be resolved by 1) The margins of the games within the triangle and b) the rest of their schedules. Both of which favour OU.

So far we know the gap in the AP poll has narrowed to one point between ou and ut, with OU gaining significantly in the Sagarin. Ultimately, I think the most important game in this round with regard to the OU/UT discussion will turn out to be the KU upset of Missouri- that significantly hurts the Horns' SoS.

I felt that in this situation the H2H shouldve meant everything. Ultimately, if you're a playoff proponent, H2H better mean everything or your arguing with yourself.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BritSox » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:27 pm

In which case, Tech over UT, right? Oh, wait...

And I'm definitely not a playoff proponent myself. I'm a plus one model proponent.

BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mugrila » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:16 am

deerayfan072 wrote:ACC better watch out for NCST next year. Russel Wilson is a difference maker at QB for them

We played against him in baseball and basketball in high school. He is one hell of an athlete.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to College Football