Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets

Postby biju » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Denver is falling apart literally. Three plays, three injured players.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFslacker » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Wow, so far the Jets getting their arses handed to them.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:13 pm

This has got to be one of the worst coached games I have seen in a while by the Jets. Jones is running all over the Broncos and they are passing more than running. They have gone for it on fourth down (and not made it each time) by passing. Why not run the ball?? The Jets deserve to lose this game. :-t

Sorry Jets fans, but this is ridiculous.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:15 pm

FFslacker wrote:Wow, so far the Jets getting their arses handed to them.

Not really. Two of the touchdowns Denver has scored were complete bullsh**. That's 14 points off the board making it a 20-17 ball game. Awful, just awful. Favre looks horrendous. Can't believe I started this putz over McNabb
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby dpaine88 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Good news for us Hillis owners going into the playoffs, no more Tatum Bell and it looks like Hilllis is the real deal rushing over 100 yrds against a great Jets rush defence ;-D
dpaine88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Denver D is stepping up today. The offense isn't too shabby either. Makes the AFC east battle interesting.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby pigskinboy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:17 pm

Does it drive anyone else crazy that these professional athletes and their high tech trainers decide it is OK to wear short sleeves in frigid and/or rainy weather? Besides the fact that when one's core body temperature drops too low, so does performance. Then, like in that Cotchery dropped ball that would have been a TD, you could see that he had it in both arms and it slide off of his wet skin. It just makes no sense...it doesn't intimidate anyone and it doesn't make a player tough...just stupid in my opinion. Thanks for letting me vent.
pigskinboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Denver D is stepping up today. The offense isn't too shabby either. Makes the AFC east battle interesting.

The D is only good against the pass. They should be getting beat by the run game alone (8.6 ypc). Why does Jones only have 16 carries?
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:21 pm

pigskinboy wrote:Does it drive anyone else crazy that these professional athletes and their high tech trainers decide it is OK to wear short sleeves in frigid and/or rainy weather? Besides the fact that when one's core body temperature drops too low, so does performance. Then, like in that Cotchery dropped ball that would have been a TD, you could see that he had it in both arms and it slide off of his wet skin. It just makes no sense...it doesn't intimidate anyone and it doesn't make a player tough...just stupid in my opinion. Thanks for letting me vent.

It does not drive me crazy at all. It make sense actually. Running around in full uniform gets pretty warm and other players play better without long sleeves. I do not see this as an intimidation tactic at all. Besides, I would not call 39 degrees as frigid even with the wind chill at 27 degrees.
Dolfin99

Postby pigskinboy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Maybe tonight wasn't the best example, although I have been in heavy rain when it is in the 30's and it will chill you to the bone. But there have been players doing it in much colder temp's. I still don't get it.
pigskinboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting