Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 13 GC: Denver @ NY Jets

Postby PMax » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:31 pm

Looks like we can put all of that crazy JETS - SUPERBOWL talk to rest.

Hopefully , the Jets dont have to play the AFC west anymore! Gag!
PMax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:35 pm

TJ rushes 16 times, Leon twice and Favre throws 40+ against the Donkeys. Unbelievable. Just sad.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm

PMax wrote:Looks like we can put all of that crazy JETS - SUPERBOWL talk to rest.

The Giants were absolutely dismantled and destroyed by the Vikings this exact time last year... (41-17 in week 12) How did their season turn out? Once in the playoffs, it's anyone's game. They have already beaten some of the teams that will most likely be in the playoffs in the AFC. :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mattUTD20 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:41 pm

PMax wrote:Looks like we can put all of that crazy JETS - SUPERBOWL talk to rest.

The Jets are contenders. The coach/OC need to get out of the way and let this team play the way they should. They don't need Brett Favre to win the game, he needs to manage it.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:44 pm

This was a terrible game. I really don't want to pin this on anyone, but it seemed very much one sided towards the Broncos. That play with Cotchery was just awful. He was clearly laying on the ground before the ball popped out and was touched by a Bronco. That was a free 7 points for the Broncos.

Also, from where I was sitting, it looked like Royal stepped out of bounds on his long touchdown in the 1st quarter. Yet again, another AWFUL call.

On top of that, the Jets just played.. bad. Jones ran for 138 yards on 16 carries. Give the dude the rock. Didn't we learn in the beginning of the season that if Favre throws the ball 30 - 35+ times, we won't win a game?

Finally, I really don't know where our defense is at. Thank god Harris comes back in one or two weeks.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:30 pm

Is Hillis the next great Broncos RB???

He'll probably be flipping burgers somewhere this time next season. Curse you Shanny.
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scardino24 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:29 pm

The Jets need to run the FU***** ball. The game was close for a while and Farve threw it away. 3rd and 1, pass. 4th and 1 pass. Stupidity.
scardino24
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:28 pm

scardino24 wrote:The Jets need to run the FU***** ball. The game was close for a while and Farve threw it away. 3rd and 1, pass. 4th and 1 pass. Stupidity.

Agreed. The play calling wasn't the greatest either. 3rd and 1 and 4th 1 and passes? Jones averaged 8.6 ypc (I think?), give him the ball if you only need 1 yard. Also, on a clear and dry day, I like the play call with Smith in there faking the option to Washington then Smith pitching it to Cotcher, I like it. But not when the ball is soaked.
Terrible :-t
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
scardino24 wrote:The Jets need to run the FU***** ball. The game was close for a while and Farve threw it away. 3rd and 1, pass. 4th and 1 pass. Stupidity.

Agreed. The play calling wasn't the greatest either. 3rd and 1 and 4th 1 and passes? Jones averaged 8.6 ypc (I think?), give him the ball if you only need 1 yard. Also, on a clear and dry day, I like the play call with Smith in there faking the option to Washington then Smith pitching it to Cotcher, I like it. But not when the ball is soaked.

What did Thomas Jones total in the second half of this game? He was in the stands with that JETS fireman dude ? !+)
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:59 pm

TERRABLETERRA wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:

What did Thomas Jones total in the second half of this game? He was in the stands with that JETS fireman dude ? !+)

I don't care what Thomas Jones did in the second half or the first half. If the guys averaging 8.6 yards a carry, give him the ball, it doesn't matter who is running. If I'm the offensive coordinator and I see that my RB is averaging over 8+ yards a carry, I'm giving him the ball.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting