1st real bad weather week overall of season. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

1st real bad weather week overall of season.

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st real bad weather week overall of season.

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:25 am

Alot of games will be effected by the weather this week.The game that worries me the most is the Tampa game.rain(not the problem),but the wind 20-30 mph wind gust is whats making me think about sitting Brees,for the 1st time this year.I have Cassel(tough match-up Pitt)and Thigpen(Oak)Poor week for match-ups with my QB's.I'll probably still start Brees though.
Other effected game will be in Buffalo,Greenbay,Cleveland,Cincy,and Washington.But watch out for the Tampa games weather the most.Look for Bush and Thomas to get more work(especially in the passing game).

Please don't give me any imput on my QB situation.Just about weather,and what players will be affected the most.This is an important week for most teams,in their play-off hunt.Weather can be a big factor.

Here is the Tampa weather report:

Partly cloudy early in the morning...then chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms late in the morning. Showers and chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Windy. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.
Last edited by Crystalstorm on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st real bad weather week overall of season.

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:27 am

This might help.

There is a chance for wet and windy conditions Sunday in Green Bay, Cleveland, Tampa and Buffalo.

Games in Washington and Cincinnati also could be wet, but we're more concerned about the wind. The games listed above all could have windy conditions, especially Tampa. That will hurt the passing game. Continue to follow reports Sunday morning, but we'd still only use weather as a tiebreaker. Don't bench your best players just because of these reports; they have been wrong before.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 am

From CBS Sportsline:

History Lessons: The not-so great outdoors

He may not be Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but there are two sides to Drew Brees. When he plays his games in the cozy confines of a domed stadium, his numbers tend to be big. Subsequently, when he plays outdoors, his touchdown production declines and his yardage sometimes follows. We highlight this because Brees and the Saints play at the Buccaneers in Week 13, their sixth such outdoor game of the year.

Of Brees' 22 touchdowns this season, six have come in outdoor venues. Of Brees' eight 300-plus-yard games, two have come outside.
Full article: http://theppffl.football.sportsline.com/news/11138575
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pfwygalways » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 am

Winds in GB to. Bet they keep the ball on the ground. especially GB with Rodgers who has little experience throwing in those conditions after hugging the sideline for 4 years. Expect a big day from Grant and I'm hoping the Carolina run game as well.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:00 am

I like this site best to follow the weather for the games: http://www.weather.com/activities/event ... let_events. Tampa Bay indeed looks the worst. My opponent has Matt Bryant kicking. Yeah! Hopefully this will help compensate for the two points I got from Rackers....
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby pfwygalways » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:04 am

chchelse wrote:I like this site best to follow the weather for the games: http://www.weather.com/activities/event ... let_events. Tampa Bay indeed looks the worst. My opponent has Matt Bryant kicking. Yeah! Hopefully this will help compensate for the two points I got from Rackers....

If the weather's in gb is anything close to madison, wi... weather is coming earlier and worse than predicted.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby chchelse » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:11 am

pfwygalways wrote:
chchelse wrote:I like this site best to follow the weather for the games: http://www.weather.com/activities/event ... let_events. Tampa Bay indeed looks the worst. My opponent has Matt Bryant kicking. Yeah! Hopefully this will help compensate for the two points I got from Rackers....

If the weather's in gb is anything close to madison, wi... weather is coming earlier and worse than predicted.

Crap, I can't sit Steve Smith. Hopefully he'll break a short pass......
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby waterproof » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:32 am

I think the weather gives the Steelers an advantage this week. Great defense playing against a rookie QB in bad weather. Gotta like the Steelers this week.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Yeah today should be awesome. Lots of sweet messy games! :-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 pm

I can't bring myself to sit Brees with Bush playing. With Bush as Moore as the primary options in the passing game, YAC may be enough to net a decent day. I know that the weather will pretty much shut down any semblance of a deep passing game which is usually Brees bread and butter though. I am hoping for a 200/2 type game from Brees. My other choice was Garrard on MNF but I just don't trust that guy.

If Chris Johnson and TO didn't have as good of games as they did on Thursday I would probably be chasing the better matchup though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk