Biggest disappointments at each position? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest disappointments at each position?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest disappointments at each position?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 pm

We are closing in on the end of the season so I think it's soon enough to do this. Opinions?

QB - Injury related - Tom Brady - Everyone who drafted him in the first obviously got torched due to some pretty poor luck.
Non-injury - Derek Anderson - Was terrible, was benched, and would still be had Quinn not been hurt.

RB- Injury related - Stephen Jackson - Has not even come close to his draft value this year. Injury is part of that, but he wasn't that good even when "healthy".
Non-injury - Larry Johnson/Willis McGahee - Ranked similarly at the beginning of the year and both have really failed to perform to career norms. Throw Edgerin James in too, we knew he was at the end of the road, but he just fell off a cliff.

WR- Injury related - Chad Johnson - Never sure if he recovered from that seperated shoulder or the awful Cincy team. Definitely a wasted draft pick.
Non-injury - Santonio Holmes - after last year he was supposed to make huge strides and break out into a top 10 receiver. Instead he's regressed to worse than his rookie year.

TE- Injury related - Jeremy Shockey - Has been pretty much worthless all season. Has 2 more fumbles than TDs. (2-0.)
Non-injury related - Kellen Winslow - this may be more of the fault of Cleveland, but he's coming nowhere near his production last year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Biggest disappointments at each position?

Postby spodog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:59 pm

DEF/ST - Vikings

hyped preseason as the rare DEF worth a mid round pick with the addition of Jared Allen. :-t :-t
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:59 pm

QB - Injury related - Tom Brady - Everyone who drafted him in the first obviously got torched due to some pretty poor luck.
Non-injury - Derek Anderson - Was terrible, was benched, and would still be had Quinn not been hurt.

Injuries happen and to say a player is a disapointment for injury related should be done in effect of a injury effecting his play and to include Brady is kind of unfair for he really didn't get the chance to play although that is an easy one to pick but Carson Palmer is the pick as he did play some and didn't really do anything.

Derek Anderson is another easy pick but he is not a disappointment if you where informed enough to know that has was going to be terrible and wasn't worth the pick. Ben Roethlisberger is the pick here who was a high pick and didn't quit matchup most of the year.

RB- Injury related - Stephen Jackson - Has not even come close to his draft value this year. Injury is part of that, but he wasn't that good even when "healthy".
Non-injury - Larry Johnson/Willis McGahee - Ranked similarly at the beginning of the year and both have really failed to perform to career norms. Throw Edgerin James in too, we knew he was at the end of the road, but he just fell off a cliff.

Stephen Jackson is unfair for injury related for he had some big games early on in the season before getting injured and is now getting back heathty and should hold value in the Fantasy Playoffs. You have Willis McGahee on the wrong one his problem was injury related and is the pick here.

Larry Johnson is another uninformed pick. He was very badly overvalued on draft day and he proved it and is only a disapointment in the standard of who wasn't informed enough. Joseph Addai is the pick here who was a high first round pick and has yet to play like it.

WR- Injury related - Chad Johnson - Never sure if he recovered from that seperated shoulder or the awful Cincy team. Definitely a wasted draft pick.
Non-injury - Santonio Holmes - after last year he was supposed to make huge strides and break out into a top 10 receiver. Instead he's regressed to worse than his rookie year.

I'll agree with Ocha Stinko but it's not injury related. It has nothing to do with shoulder. It's all to do with Cincy is a dreadfull team.

inJury related is Marques Colston for he is the only Top wide reciever of note that been injuried and Johnson would be Non-Injury.

TE- Injury related - Jeremy Shockey - Has been pretty much worthless all season. Has 2 more fumbles than TDs. (2-0.)
Non-injury related - Kellen Winslow - this may be more of the fault of Cleveland, but he's coming nowhere near his production last year.

Jeremy Shockey is the one of all of them I agree with.

Kellen Winslow maybe a disapointment but I didn't think he quite matchup to Vernon Davis as the biggest disapointment.
THE TERMINATOR
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:07 pm

I was not going by what informed people expected of them, but mostly based on ADP. Therefore, guys like Larry Johnson disappointed their ADP.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby yossarian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:22 pm

I'd like to throw out a 2d vote for Addai.
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:47 pm

mcgahee and winslow should both be under the "injured" category...not sure CJ should be included in that category either. i think his lack of production has less to do with his shoulder and more to carson palmer being out and the bengals as a whole sucking.

my list (not including injured people):
QBs: derrick anderson
RBs: larry johnson
WRs: braylon edwards
TEs: vernon davis

biggest dissapointment as a human being:
plaxico burress
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:11 pm

I totally forgot about Winslow's mysterious staph infection.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby newguy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:36 pm

WR - Torry Holt
newguy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 011472 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:03 pm

Another vote for Braylon Edwards. Pretty much in everybody's top 6 in preseason and ranked as high as #3 on many credible sites.

And nothing but garbage all year.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:50 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:mcgahee and winslow should both be under the "injured" category...not sure CJ should be included in that category either. i think his lack of production has less to do with his shoulder and more to carson palmer being out and the bengals as a whole sucking.

my list (not including injured people):
QBs: derrick anderson
RBs: larry johnson
WRs: braylon edwards
TEs: vernon davis

biggest dissapointment as a human being:
plaxico burress

Now you can add Anderson to the injured list. Out for the season. Had a chance to revive his stock for a potential trade but that is all out the window now. Down to Dorsey for the Browns.

How about a category for coaches? I would have to say Norv Turner. Chargers, in arguably the weakest division in football, have a chance to completely miss the playoffs. With that much talent (even though Merriman is gone) you should at least compete in the division.

How about kicker?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk