Biggest disappointments at each position? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest disappointments at each position?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Biggest disappointments at each position?

Postby bagobonez » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Surprised no one's said Ladainian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson. I know they've played fairly well, but they've definitely under performed in relation to their draft positions.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Matthias wrote:
moochman wrote:QB: Cutler-kept me in the hunt until playing Kaiser Sosa and "poof" disappearing down the stretch.

Huh??!?! Sorry if he pooched on you in Week 12, but to say he's been a disappointment of any kind, especially the biggest at his position, is just crazy insane. He was about 7th-round material and he's in the top 5 of quarterbacks. And it's not like he's gone *poof* down the stretch.... last 7 games have been:
192 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, which I would call fair for a QB
168 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, which is a bad game
307 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, which is a good game
447 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, which is spectacular
216 yard, 1 TD, 0 INT, which is on the low side of average
204 yards, 0 TDs, 1INT, which is a bad game
357 yards, 2 TDs, 1INT, which is a great game

So in the last 7 weeks you have 1 ridiculously good game, 1 great game, 1 good game, 1 fair game, 1 low/average game, and 2 bad games and the season isn't over yet. I expect big games this week and next against KC and the Jets and probably a good game, but unsure, against Carolina.

moochman wrote:RB: Runner up-Barber. Big fade late crushed me.

Again, I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would be willing to switch positions with you (Steven Jackson owner, anyone?) and bear your cross. Barber is the 6th-highest RB in my main league and was drafted 10th, which is probably around average.

Maybe you have a gripe about these guys, but to call them a disappointment is kind of silly IMO.

Dude, I said I was using players on my roster. Culter killed me those two weeks, as did Barber last week and a few weeks ago when I expected more of them both. Silly as it is, when I needed those guys to live up to their high expectations they disappointed me.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Matthias » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 am

moochman wrote:Dude, I said I was using players on my roster. Culter killed me those two weeks, as did Barber last week and a few weeks ago when I expected more of them both. Silly as it is, when I needed those guys to live up to their high expectations they disappointed me.

I just think that it's kind of crazy that a quarterback who is second only to Kurt Warner in outperforming his draft position and who most people would label one of the greatest steals at his position you would label as, "the biggest disappointment at his position" which is what this thread is about. Ditto for Barber. Your disappointment in them seems to have more to do with you and your team than them, basically.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:27 pm

wr: Cotchery
te: Scheffler
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Oatsdad » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:57 am

Braylon Edwards was the biggest disappointment to me. Sure, the CLE QB situation has been poor, but a bad QB doesn't make you drop balls.

He's played okay, but I've been disappointed with Marshawn Lynch. I really thought he'd have a monster year, and I preferred him over the higher-rated picks. Seemed to me virtually all of the "locks" like SJax and LT2 had issues, but I thought Lynch would be a monster. Again, he's not been BAD, but he's not been top-notch.

Not sure how Larry Johnson can be a real disappointment since one could see his crappy season from a mile away...
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:53 pm

Oatsdad wrote:Not sure how Larry Johnson can be a real disappointment since one could see his crappy season from a mile away...

regardless...his ADP was still first round, so he dissapointed 1 person in just about every league in existence.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 pm

can't help but laugh at the people who put DJ Hackett and Delhomme and even Shockey on those lists.Did you really expected players you drafted 11 round + to carry you all year?!

ALso Cutler ? A top 5 QB? sorry it cost you the game tough luck,but seriously...

All this said:
QB: Palmer (absolutely sucked before his injury ,so no excuse).Anderson (though a lot of people had him over hyped)
RB:Addai/Sjax injuries or not they've been bad except for about 2 games each.Ill leave LT out of it.he is not superman anymore,but still top 10 and his schedule may carry some teams into the final game...
WR:and overall winner Braylon Edwards absolutely no excuse for how poorly he has played for being Top 20 draft pick.Holt pretty much same as Edwards.Chad 85 lot of people had him to crash and burn,so no big deal here
TE:noone really all of the top 4 have been up and down
D/ST and K : who cares.if you got burned by Chi,Min or Nick Folk hopefully you learned a lesson,not to draft them before the last rounds
Vlad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 pm

RB

plain old bust - Maroney
personally angered by the bust - McGahee

WR

plain old bust - Colston
personally angered by the bust - Braylon

QB

plain old bust - Brady
personally angered by the bust - Anderson/Palmer
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 pm

I like lists, so here are five lists of three (all kickers disappoint me :-) ):

QBs - Brady, Anderson and Schaub

RBs - Jackson, Tomlinson and McFadden

WRs - Edwards, Colston and Moss

TEs - Gates, Winslow and Davis

D/STs - Chargers, Seahawks and Jaguars
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk