Cotchery Fumble? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Cotchery Fumble?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cotchery Fumble?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:43 pm

If anyone knows the play I'm talking about when Cotchery was pitched the ball and he jumped on it, but then it squirted out and Denver took it to the house.. Was that his fumble? Yahoo right now says it wasn't. Anyone know the play I am talking about or the ruling on this play?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cotchery Fumble?

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Was this the 4th down and 3 play ? If so it was ruled an incomplete pass... B-)
Last edited by TERRABLETERRA on Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:54 pm

TERRABLETERRA wrote:It was ruled an incomplete pass no fumble no TD B-)

I don't think we are talking about the same play. I think you might be thinking of the one that happened in the 4th quarter, I'm talking about the one with Brad Smith at QB in the wildcat formation and it was a reverse but he pitched it to Cotchery, then fumbled.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TERRABLETERRA » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:56 pm

ok my bad
<---HELP WITH MINE?
TERRABLETERRA
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm

This one

Yahoo: 1st-10, NYJ39 8:41 B. Smith rushed up the middle for no gain. B. Smith fumbled. V. Fox recovered fumble and returned for 23 yards

CBS Sportsline: #16 Smith in at QB (Shotgun) B.Smith FUMBLES (Aborted) at NYJ 23, RECOVERED by DEN-V.Fox at NYJ 23. V.Fox for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby treat24 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:18 pm

it was 100% cotchery's fumble... because it was not reviewable... it should have never been a fumble... but yes... cotch should get that credit.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:43 pm

treat24 wrote:it was 100% cotchery's fumble... because it was not reviewable... it should have never been a fumble... but yes... cotch should get that credit.

Cotch may have got the fumble, but if I remember correctly (after 6 or 7 miller lights) Thomas Jones flipped it right into Cotch's facemask. I could be wrong, but why wasn't that a hand-off? Don't really care, but I what I really want to know is:

Why wasn't that reviewable? DEN got a TD out of it. That might have stood after review, but the NYJ could have made the claim that Cotch was down, with posession, and touched prior to the ball coming loose. So why did the official say it wasn't reviewable?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 pm

joejlitz wrote:
treat24 wrote:it was 100% cotchery's fumble... because it was not reviewable... it should have never been a fumble... but yes... cotch should get that credit.

Cotch may have got the fumble, but if I remember correctly (after 6 or 7 miller lights) Thomas Jones flipped it right into Cotch's facemask. I could be wrong, but why wasn't that a hand-off? Don't really care, but I what I really want to know is:

Why wasn't that reviewable? DEN got a TD out of it. That might have stood after review, but the NYJ could have made the claim that Cotch was down, with posession, and touched prior to the ball coming loose. So why did the official say it wasn't reviewable?

It was Brad Smith who pitched it off to Cotchery. And the stadium erupted when the official said it couldn't be reviewed. That just set the entire tone of the game. Terrible call :-t
Do you think that Yahoo will update it and give Cotchery the fumble lost?
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:It was Brad Smith who pitched it off to Cotchery. And the stadium erupted when the official said it couldn't be reviewed. That just set the entire tone of the game. Terrible call :-t
Do you think that Yahoo will update it and give Cotchery the fumble lost?

I don't think it will be changed. NFL.com has it just like CBS Sportsline has it. There is always a chance but Murphys Law says it aint happening
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

But why wasn't it reviewable? :-S
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting