Most points against... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Most points against...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most points against...

Postby markulous » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:15 am

Anyone have this problem this year? Aside from one guy(I have 120 more points than him) I have about 200 more points than anyone else for the season. And one guy I have 300 points more than(that's 50 TDs!!). I really don't know why, but every time someone plays me their players have breakout games. I can generally put up enough points to beat anyone EXCEPT for the the guy I'm playing that week(I'm 4th in points).

Look at this week who I was playing against:
Westbrook
D. Williams
Rodgers
Jennings
Colston
Bironas(extra points for more yards. 21 points from a kicker!)
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Most points against...

Postby Guru13 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:59 am

I know exactly how you feel dude, I played against Westbrook Jennings and Rodgers this week too. It happens every single week. someone on there team, or sometimes a few guys, go crazy for the week they play me. it sucks. I feel your pain.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:12 am

It happens. Try playing in a points league AND a H2H league next year. See which you prefer. In a cafe league this year, 1 of only 2 that I did not make the playoffs. At the end of week 12, I had the highest points by over 100 and in 3rd. My team in week 13 tanked and I dropped from 3rd to 7th and out (still 3rd highest points). Very frustrating but oh well, FF is a cruel game.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:20 pm

I feel your pain man - in my money league, for the second year in a row, I have the most points scored and the second most points against me. Not only that, but I have the most consistent team by a long-shot. Both years I have squeaked in with 7-6 or 6-6-1 record in the very last playoff spot. It sucks having the best team and having to sweat it out each and every week :-t

Last year, I ended up winning it all though, so here's hoping I can pull it off again :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby markulous » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:36 pm

bungle613 wrote:It happens. Try playing in a points league AND a H2H league next year. See which you prefer. In a cafe league this year, 1 of only 2 that I did not make the playoffs. At the end of week 12, I had the highest points by over 100 and in 3rd. My team in week 13 tanked and I dropped from 3rd to 7th and out (still 3rd highest points). Very frustrating but oh well, FF is a cruel game.

Yeah I've tried a points league a while back and I really didn't like it that much. I'd of most likely had the best record that year(I had Manning and Wayne the year Manning broke the passing records), since I lead in points all the way through. Then at the end of the season my team tapered off a little bit and I ended up getting 3rd place and I didn't get any money(Top 2 got paid).

BTW, after this week I'm averaging about 300 more points against than anyone else. The guy I was 300 points ahead of, I'm now nearly 400 points ahead of.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SniperShot » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm

In one league I've scored the 2nd most points yet have like the 8th best record. I don't know how that's even mathematically possible.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:34 pm

In my one big money league, I have the 3rd most points scored (only behind the 1st and 2nd place team in points by 18 and 8), but I have the most points scored against me. I've lost 5 games this year by 2 or less points. Just can't catch a break at all. I'm sitting in 9th out of 10 right now. It's awful.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:04 am

I hate being that guy. This is the part of the game that requires a little bit of luck. Schedule can make or break you before the season even starts.

The guy I'm tied with who has 200 less points than me and a crappier team will beat me every time. That is one of the laws of FF.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Mpro » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 am

I am defintely with you man. I am one of the most consistent players & a prolific scoring machine. Yet I have been screwed to a massive degree. I also have trouble understanding how this can happen, so I broke down the stats to try and make sense of it all.

I am #2 in my league in total points (1209)...yet sit in 7th place out of the playoffs.

The top 3 all have less points #1 -46 #2 -135 #3 -103

My average score thru 13 weeks is 93 but... I have the highest average points against at 95.2

I have scored 100+ more often than anyone in my league (6) but also had most opponents with 100+ against me (5)

The #2 guy in my league really makes me sick. His average score is 10 less (82.6) but his points against is 20 less! (75.5)
Mpro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:10 pm

(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting