Tradeless season - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tradeless season

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tradeless season

Postby pfwygalways » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 am

No trades at all this season. Only significant pickup was Slaton. Team is in signature and I've secured first in my division with a first round bye for the playoffs.

Our league is so stingy. Only trades this year were two and one included P. Manning whom the owner has to have every year. He trade LT for him this year.

My teams fairly healthy with S. JAX hopefully back now full strength.

Anyone else have stingy leauges or manage to make it to the playoffs on their draftday squad?
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tradeless season

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:19 am

I am In the same boat. No trades all year in one league and only 3-4 in another. I made it with my draft day squad and some key FA pickups like Walter for a #3 behind Marshall and Calvin Johnson. And Tampa Bay D.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby pfwygalways » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:26 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I am In the same boat. No trades all year in one league and only 3-4 in another. I made it with my draft day squad and some key FA pickups like Walter for a #3 behind Marshall and Calvin Johnson. And Tampa Bay D.

I actually picked up and dropped Walter a few times but didnt really need him. Berrian came through for me. Had to work off the web for a Def due to the casualty that was San Diego this year.

Im somewhat amazed with my success due to the failings of C. Palmer (my drafted starting qb) and Steven Jackson's inconsistencies.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Oatsdad » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 pm

pfwygalways wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I am In the same boat. No trades all year in one league and only 3-4 in another. I made it with my draft day squad and some key FA pickups like Walter for a #3 behind Marshall and Calvin Johnson. And Tampa Bay D.

I actually picked up and dropped Walter a few times but didnt really need him. Berrian came through for me. Had to work off the web for a Def due to the casualty that was San Diego this year.

Im somewhat amazed with my success due to the failings of C. Palmer (my drafted starting qb) and Steven Jackson's inconsistencies.

Looking at your lineup, I'm SHOCKED at your success! That's a pretty iffy team with weaknesses all over the place. Whatever works! ;-D
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

In my public league, I drafted:

Rivers
TJ, Westy, Grant
Fitz, Megatron
T Gonzo
Tennessee

The only real impact acquisitions I've made were to pick up Thigpen, whom I haven't used yet, and the NYJ DST which I haven't used, but just wanted to pick up to block others from getting to him. I'm sitting at 11-2 right now.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:59 pm

in one of my leagues it only uses 2 rbs, 2 wrs and no flex...so its very hard to trade. plus it has 3 wives in it, and 2 guys who are family....so they all are gone half way through anyways. so yes, its the most boring league ever. 2 trades all year, both involving the same guy at the trade deadline just to kill the boringness.

if i wasnt friends with the people i definately wouldnt be in it every year
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Maris09 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
pfwygalways wrote:

Looking at your lineup, I'm SHOCKED at your success! That's a pretty iffy team with weaknesses all over the place. Whatever works! ;-D

Yeah I'll second that.
That squad would not have gotten it done most weeks.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 pm

I was in a cafe league this year, first year for me, joined as a replacement owner in a keeper. Not only was I not able to cut a deal, not one deal was made in the entire league. On top of that, 2 of my offers timed out on Yahoo. Not even a response from the owners. Still managed first place but this will be my only year with this league.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bad Newz Kennels » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:08 am

My league is very stingy as well. Everyone thinks you know something that they don't. Sucks because I am #1 in my league (11-1) but have bad matchups this week, and they guy I play has Boldin, Fitz, and Warner against the Rams. Not very confident....
Bad Newz Kennels
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk