This years Diamond in the Rough pick-up MVP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This years Diamond in the Rough pick-up MVP

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: This years Diamond in the Rough pick-up MVP

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Azrael wrote:I cannot believe Kurt Warner was a WW pickup. I drafted him in the 8th round in 2 of my leagues and he went in the 7th in another one of my leagues. He was a $2 "drafted" QB in my auction league. He can't be a WW MVP.

I would say Thigpen would be if he finishes up these last 3 games against Denver, SD, and Miami with an average of 2 TDs per game. He's averaged about 18 ppg under a standard scoring format since he took over week 8. Matt Ryan could also get consideration.

This is a highly subjective thing as "drafted" vs. "pickup" players can vary from league to league. DeAngelo was also drafted in all of my leagues.

Slaton was drafted in 2 of my leagues and was a FA pickup in 2.

i dont think the Warner announcement was made until very late August though, so a lot of leagues that drafted prior to that probably would have passed on him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:overall it has to be warner.

id also say lance moore, mewelde moore, desean jackson, tyler thigpen, robert royal, and greg camarillo (PPR) until he got hurt.

also i think peyton hillis might end up helping some people down the stretch...and i know no one drafted that guy...along with dominik hixon from here on out.

good calls all around, although i'd swap Eddie Royal in place of Robert Royal...

also, Matt Cassell deverves and honorable mention

doh.....thats what i meant. dont know why i typed robert :-b :-? .

and azrael...maybe your leagues drafted super late, because i actually drafted leinart in a couple of leagues. he was supposed to get the job this year. warner wasnt named the guy until pretty late. warner went undrafted in most of my leagues.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ttwarrior1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:55 pm

its a shame noone mentioned boldin,, boldin should be the league mvp, not thomas jones, turner, warner, or any manning
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:20 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:its a shame noone mentioned boldin,, boldin should be the league mvp, not thomas jones, turner, warner, or any manning

I don't think there was any league, even 4-teamers, where Boldin was on the Waiver Wire.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:51 pm

My drafts are all labor day weekend or the weekend before. We always draft that way to avoid the late pre-season game injuries and thing like the Leinart/Warner situation.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FFslacker » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:29 pm

I drafted Warner before he was named the starter. A dicey move that paid off rather than bite me in the ass. I just didn't think Leinart was ready yet and someone had already drafted him.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:36 pm

Are we talking draft or WW? In one league some moronic owner dropped Roddy White before game 1. Not really a diamond in the rough though. I picked Steve Slaton in the 8-9th round of my 20 teamer. That was pretty good. Royal in the last round of two leagues was also decent. I also snagged Antonio Bryant in every league including the 14th round of my 20 teamer. I did get Warner in the 12th in one league but I already traded him for Gonzalez and Grant.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:41 pm

I think it's safe to say that no one in any non-auto draft league drafted Tyler Thigpen. So I think if he can give you 15+ppg (standard) against these last 3 teams, he should be the winner hands down. Lance Moore could be a nice runner up if he produces against his crappy matchups as well.

I think Tom Brady should be the league MVP again this year as we can see what happened to that team w/o him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Vlad » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

QB
Warner hands down,but don't forget Aaron Rogers too- maybe not wwp,but very very late draft pick

RB
SLaton,
Hillis- second since he burst a little bit late,but can carry teams trough playoffs if keeps it up
Mewelde -burried on PT dept to start will finish as top 20 RB

WR
Eddie Royall (especially on my return yrds counts league where he is #3 for the season)
L.Moore
Vlad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk